Date Format US vs. Others

Kremmen
By Kremmen,
in

It's a shame it hasn't come far enough to use some kind of logical, unambiguous date format or, ideally, to have configurable date formats. m/d/yy is an illogical format used by in a small proportion of the world. There are many better formats, including yy/m/d (or even d/m/yy) or at least putting all month names as 3-letter text abbreviations rather than numbers.

It's a shame it hasn't come far enough to use some kind of logical, unambiguous date format or, ideally, to have configurable date formats. m/d/yy is an illogical format used by in a small proportion of the world.

its been pretty logical for all of my life, this is by far the most common format in the USA, you may have to adapt.

its been pretty logical for all of my life, this is by far the most common format in the USA, you may have to adapt.

Every measurement I can think of runs from most significant to least significant unit or vice versa. "Least significant unit in the middle" has never been logical. Even the US customs and immigration forms were all changed over to dd/mm/yy about 10 years ago.

It's like the metric system. It's time the USA adapted.

Every measurement I can think of runs from most significant to least significant unit or vice versa. "Least significant unit in the middle" has never been logical. Even the US customs and immigration forms were all changed over to dd/mm/yy about 10 years ago.

It's like the metric system. It's time the USA adapted.

Here we go again... :)

Didn't we have this discussion a few months ago?? Why don't we just leave things as they are -- seem to be working pretty well up to now!

**If it's not broken, you don't need to fix it**

The posts above were separated from the Share Your Hotel Information thread which is pinned at the top of the Read This Before You Post forum.

That topic is pinned because it's IMPORTANT the discussion above started to drifting too far off topic from the original intention of that thread, so i have moved it here to the RUN OF HOUSE forum for anyone who cares to continue this discusion.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

What is the problem, if you've been told the format? Whenever I travel in countries using another date configuration, I simply adapt. Seriously, I can't see why anyone would moan about a set-up after it's been operating for five or more years consistently! If you're scanning postings for dates, just focus on the area of the date that's most important to you. Frequently, I'm looking for the month, and so it's helpful that month appears first. Others may be searching mostly day, so train your eye to look after the first slash. How tough?

You're on an American board (the admin is from the US), it is pretty much the standard on the web, so its best to just get over it.

~JS

Jason's Storm- Making one killer deal after another. With something other than a machete to the head.

From the ashes of Friday the 13th Forum, rises Friday the 13th: The Community. A new beginning has arrived.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]