Priceline Hotel: Priceline 2.5* Manhattan Beach Residence Inn?

sassyella
By sassyella,
in

Hey All!

I've been doin a little research and hoping that the Res Inn Man Bch is still the likely choice for a win for a 2.5* in the Redondo Bch/Man Bch area. I'm going to be there 6/30 to 7/7. LOVE this place, been there before, bringing my 2 yr old this time - spot couldn't be more perfect for us for a 1-week getaway.

I saw some older posts and got stuff from google searches that leads me to believe this is the probable choice, but newest post i've seen is from 2007.

For those of you who win this one all the time, pls lemme know what the deal is, or atleast your best guess :) Thanks!!!

Welcome to BetterBidding, sassyella.

Residence Inn is the only 2.5* that's been reported in Manhattan Beach zone recently but there are other 2.5* hotels that could come up. Res Inn isn't a 100% sure thing.

If you still want to go for it I suggest trying a lowball bid first, like $42. Then add your free rebid, Lawndale, at $45. (Immediately before you bid check to make sure that Priceline isn't offering a 2.5* option in Lawndale, as bidding options can change at any time.)

If $45 is rejected wait 24 hours and try the same again, at $46 and $50.

If $50 is rejected I'd wait a couple weeks then repeat the above.

Please start your bids with this PRICELINE link, sassyella, and let us know how your bidding goes.

thanks so much for the reply Colfax. Happy to be here. :) What an awesome resource this is! Believe it or not, it's been a long LONG time since I've used Priceline's Name Your Price, so I don't even recall the process. You're saying I'll automatically be offered a free rebid once I send the original one and that I should choose the Lawndale area?? I'm assuming you're saying that to make sure it's a surer bet that Res Inn would come up since there ARE no 2.5*s in Lawndale?? Correct me if I'm wrong and again, thanks SO much for your advice. :)

You might find this thread helpful, sassyella.

Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

Lawndale zone only goes to 2*. If you're rejected at $42 for 2.5* in Manhattan Beach you can add the Lawndale zone and try $45 for 2.5*, without any risk of winning a hotel in Lawndale. Priceline won't give you a lower rated hotel than you bid for. But remember, immediately before you bid double check the Lawndale zone and make sure Priceline hasn't added a 2.5* option there.

I have stayed at the same Residence Inn Manhattan Bch before and tried to get it again last Dec. Did the 2.5 star rebids and upgraded to Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach at $51 plus fees and taxes. I was disappointed and posted this elsewhere. I was jumped on by some posters. I was looking for free breakfast, which Crowne Plaza did not offer. There was a charge on parking, but other posters came to the rescue and suggested parking two blocks east of the hotel. I like the Residence Inn Manhattan Beach cause it's a tad closer to LA and wished it would come back with winning bids. Good luck.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]