Priceline Hotel: San Francisco 3/25-3/27

LoveAaliyah
By LoveAaliyah,
in

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to get a 4* hotel for under $100 like most of the posts on this board either in USE or USW or Fishermans Wharf, but i can't seem to get a winning bid.

First I checked to see which cities don't have 4-star hotels (Cathedral, Civic, Lombard, and South SF)

1st bid $75/nt USE - rejected 3/25-3/27

2nd bid $80/nt added USW - rejected

3rd bid $85/nt added Cathedral - rejected

4th bid $90/nt added Civic - rejected

5th bid $95/nt added South SF - rejected

6th bid $95/nt added Fishermans - rejected

7th bid $99/nt added Lombard - rejected..... :)

Are there no deals for 4* hotels under $100 during this time?

Also, I'm planning on travelling with 3 other people. Would boutique hotels not be a good idea to fit us all in one room, or should I try to get a boutique room instead?

Should I wait until it gets closer to my actual travel date?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Also, I'm planning on travelling with 3 other people. Would boutique hotels not be a good idea to fit us all in one room, or should I try to get a boutique room instead?
PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy and even at the 4* level, which you have already bid, you could get a room with only one bed... is this an acceptable risk?

Let's start with the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Rates for your dates aren't real low. I see Westin St Francis $269, Hilton SF $259, Hilton Financial $229.

You might have to bid a little higher than you have for a 4* then, maybe $105 or $110---if you're willing to accept the risk of getting a room one bed. Most hotels will give you two beds for free if they have them. A few charge an upgrade fee for two beds on PRICELINE. At the Westin St Francis it was around $40/night last I heard.

And don't bid for Boutique Those are mostly one bed rooms.

On HOTWIRE you can enter a party of three or four and only be shown hotels that guarantee two beds. Do you see any two bed options on Hotwire within your budget? If you'll post the icons we'll try to identify the hotels.

What's your backup hotel and how much does it cost?

I'll add that if you search HOTWIRE for 3 adults a 3* hotel in the Fishermans Wharf zone comes up for $109/nite (best guess is believed to be the Holiday Inn)... while you may able to get this a little cheaper on PRICELINE, you're also then subject to any 3 star property in the zone and also not guaranteed accomodations for 3 people.

Not sure how this compares to your back-up reservation.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Whitcomb might be your best bet. On their website I see two beds for $89. Your coupon will knock $25/night off that, making it $64 night. You won't beat that rate on HOTWIRE or PRICELINE with a two bed guarantee. That 3* hotel with two beds in Fisherman's Wharf that thereuare found has jumped from $109 to $176 since he posted.

I don't think bidding 3* in Union Square is a good idea either. 3* bids are usually upgraded to Boutiques, where there's a likelihood of getting a room with one bed. And parking in Union Square is more expensive than at the Whitcomb, if you're driving.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]