Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Newark (Jersey City) Courtyard by Marriott

Sharion
By Sharion,
in

Hi everybody !

I'm new to this board, and Priceline for that matter.

I recently had two successful bids:

2.5 * Courtyard by Marriott in Jersey city 6/18 one night 60 $ + taxes = 74.85 $ and 3* Hyatt Regency Jersey city 6/19-6/21 two nights 37 $/night + taxes = 90.99 $.

I still need two nights, as my trip is five nights total, but haven't been successful yet. At the moment I have booked them conventionally in the City at the Ramada Inn East side. I keep trying to get those nights (6/16 and 6/17) on Priceline as well, at the Courtyard by Marriott in Jersey City, because Hyatt in JC is sold out on 6/17, and then I wouldn't have to change hotels so many times.

The prices on the hotels' own websites for the dates of my successful bids were the same for both hotels: 179 $/a night.

I couldn't get Hyatt accept my bid on Friday 6/18, even though they had the same rates and availability during the whole weekend. They finally accepted my bid for Satuday-Monday. Then tried to bid only Friday, and kept raising the amount, and got Courtyard instead. That's fine though, I like the idea of seeing different hotels.

Now I also need a bit of an advice: in case I'm successful with my bid for the remaining days in Jersey City, I need to know the best way to get to the Courtyard from JFK airport. Don't want to take the cab, because of the price (how much would that be ?). What kind of other options are there ? If I stay in Ramada the first two nights, I plan to take the Super Shuttle, but they only serve Manhattan (says so on their website). And what is the best way to go from the Hyatt on the Hudson to JFK ?

Many questions I know. Thank you in advance !

Welcome to BetterBidding.

No problem with all the questions... and your in luck because if you haven't read it elsewhere on the board i live less than 2 miles from these hotels so i know the area well.

However, in order to keep your posts straight and so that others can follow we try to only show one hotel 'win' per thread. This enables us to put all the information (star rating, city, zone, hotel, price, and dates) in the title so that others can easily scan the forum for the what they're looking for or know which threads they should click on.

Let make this thread the one for your Marriott win and please create a new thread for the Hyatt win (you can just copy and paste the info from the Hyatt to the new thread), and start yet a new thread for the remaining date (you can either do that in the NJ forum or the NYC forum). We'll also use this thread to continue with transportation options.

Once you post the other 2 threads i'll adjust the title of this one to reflect the Courtyard by Marriott win.

Here is a good summary of JFK to Manhattan Transportation as well as this thread i wrote near the boards beginning: Getting from NYC Airport to Hotel.

What will actually be the best option for you will be determined by number of travelers, amount of luggage, day of week, time of day, as well as whether you're more concerned with travel time, convenience, or money... so post your preferences in your reply and we'll try to advise further. Taxi from JFK to Manhattan is $45+tolls($3)+tip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]