Hotwire Hotel: Paris 4.5* at Hotwire for 10/8-10/12

rodneydizon
By rodneydizon,
in

Hi,

I got this quote for a hotwire hotel in Paris; 4.5* for $339 per night. Amenities are: Fitness Center, Restaurant, Business Center, and High Speed Internet Access.

Does anyone know what hotel this could be?

Thanks,

Rodney

*I need to book a nice hotel in the middle of where everything is in Paris...it'll be the first time for my honeymoon and my budget is $350 per night. Any suggestions? Thanks again.

Hi,

I am going to Paris for the first time for my honeymoon from October 8-12 of this year. Any suggestions as to where to stay? I want to stay at the most central area as possible, it has to be at least a 4* Hotel (5* if the budget allows it), and my budget is pretty flexible, from $200-$350 per night maximum.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Rodney

Please don't double post the same stay in both forums... keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

I need to book a nice hotel in the middle of where everything is in Paris...
I found Paris to be a very spreadout city... i don't think there is any one "center" but rather a few 'centers' spread throughout... so there really is no one area in the middle of it all.

I would begin your research now to get a general feel for the things you would like to do, and then figure out where you would want to best be situated to be within walking distance of the things you will do most often and near a subway station to access things which are further out.

As far as the HOTWIRE hotel above, we'll need to know the zone which it is located in order to take a closer look.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry about that...kinda new at this. :)

I would definitely want to stay near the louvre as I'm a big fan of museums, so that (and the eiffel tower) would be sites i would want to be in close walking distance at. I will be definitely be using the metro as well.

The 4.5* hotel I mentioned on Hotwire was located in the Champ Elysees Trocadero area...any guesses where it would be?

Thanks again.

I would definitely want to stay near the louvre as I'm a big fan of museums, so that (and the eiffel tower) would be sites i would want to be in close walking distance at.
Which proves my point about Paris... you can't walk to both of these locations from the same point. (but can metro between the two)

I don't know the 4.5* hotel, and i understand this is your honeymoon, but would you want to spend $349/nite for a hotel when there is a 4* hotel in the same zone for $179/nite? Is half a star worth $170/nite to you? (to some it is worth it, but not to others... my opinion is that Paris is expensive and that's another $170/nite which can go towards wine, cheese, and bread)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You're right...the 4* hotel for $179/nite is the Le Meridien Etoile tho if I'm not mistaken and I've heard some bad things about that particular hotel. Can you recommend any places to stay either through PRICELINE, HOTWIRE, or anywhere else? Have you stayed at the Le Meridien Etoile before? If it's not that bad, I can stay there since it's a really good price.

Thanks again for all the help theruare. :)

Rodney

• 2 weeks later...
I've never stayed there... but if you wait a day or two i'm sure somebody (especially WillTravel) will be able to chime in with some comments.

I just got back from Paris! Anyway, I can't say about the Le Meridien Etoile personally, but it is not centrally located. However, it is on Line 1 of the metro, which is not so bad. Given you want a central hotel, it's probably not a good choice. And from what you are saying, it's quite likely Hotwire 4.5* hotels would suit you better than either Priceline 4* or Hotwire 4* hotels.

It's a long shot, but sometimes Intercontinental has special deals for their Paris hotels, through the Intercontinental website (I think BetterBidding has a link). I'd be very happy staying at the one by the Opera house, and it's also reasonably close to the Louvre. But most likely, this means spending a lot more money.

My personal preference is that I'd prefer to be near the Louvre than the Eiffel Tower but both could be good. They're about 2.5 miles apart.

Thanks for the tips and welcome back Willtravel. :) Checked out the Intercontinental website and the Paris le Grand is the only one they offered...it's way over my budget tho for $170-$250 (maybe $300 if it's really worth it) range. The le Grand is $585 per night.

Can you suggest any hotels which may suit my needs as per my previous posts?

Checked out hotwire now and they are offering $176/night for a 4* in Champ Elysees (I think this is the Le Meridien Etoile) and $300/night for a 4* in Louvre (fitness, business, resto, laundry--think this is the Westin?).

Best Regards,

Rodney

It could be the Westin, although those amenities are not the same as reported previously.

If your budget is $200 USD, that's only about 125 Euros, which a lot of people seem to be paying for centrally-located places that are in the 2* category. Which is more important to you - central location, or a 4* hotel?

Actually, it appears that the Westin Paris is no longer showing the Spa icon, which does make it a match for the 4* hotel in the Louvre zone above, and therefore would be our best guess too.

I believe 4* would be more important for me as I am a bit picky when it comes to hotels. I don't mind spending a bit more...maybe $300max a night if needed. Have you stayed at the Westin Paris before? It seems to be in a more central location than the le meridien etoile but again, it has had mixed reviews (even incidents of mice in the room!). It is a good deal tho at $300 a night via HOTWIRE.

I also heard that you can access everything in Paris via the Metro (like the le meridien etoile) so I guess for as long as it is located close to a metro station, I wouldn't mind it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

I've never been to the Westin in Paris, but in researching my own Paris stay last year, i found that there were virtually no hotels with stellar reviews.

I think it's a very expensive hotel market, and a lot of the hotels are old and/or don't offer the level of service many visitors expect based upon the price paid (it's not that they're bad hotels, but some of the buildings are older and the service cultures differ) and therefore many are disappointed. I often make similar comments about the San Juan hotel market.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]