Priceline Hotel: 3* Newark (Jersey City) Hyatt Regency on the Hudson

lrpwd
By lrpwd,
in

it's my first time to use priceline, I have some questions about priceline which may look simple to you. I plan to bid a hotel in priceline for 3 days, if i can't go there in time for the first day due to some reason(air flight for example), can I call the hotel or priceline to hold the rest two days' reservation?I still pay fee for 3 days though.

thanks

I can't speak for all hotels but I have done that before. The hotel just needed to be notified so they would hold the reservation for the remaining nights instead of "canceling" it due to being a no show. I think that they should hold the room anyways since it is already paid for whether you show up or not, but that's just my opinion.

Do you expect that you might not make it? Or are you just asking hypothetically or for peace of mind? Probably you don't even have to call them and it should be still there. Might be wise to call though, just in case to avoid a potential hassle. Certainly if you call and tell them the situation it isn't going to be a problem. They aren't going to tell you that if you don't show up the first day, your reservation is cancelled. They are already being paid for it. If something like that happened, have the priceline number handy and they would help resolve it, I am sure. I don't know what the official policy is, though.

here is Priceline's current policy:

Late Arrival and Failure to Check-in on First Night: If you are going to be delayed or find that you cannot check in to your hotel on the date you requested, you should contact the hotel to let them know. If you fail to check in to your hotel on the day of your reservation and do not alert the hotel, the remaining portion of your reservation will be canceled and you will not be entitled to a refund.

you should also note the name of the clerk that you speak with.

• 2 weeks later...

bid on priceline, first time 75$,rejected, then use a free bid for 80$,accepted, 3 night total 288.60(including tax) (3/20-23)

I have some new questions, the priceline says the hotel only have a room avaivable for me, but I need to contact with the hotel for the bed size(king,queen or two double bed) and non-smoke or smoke, when should I call the hotel? and Can I get a room I prefer if they do have it avaible or they will intend to give a bad room?

Thanks

you should call the hotel now and confirm your reservation and ask the clerk to note your room preference. I have stayed here several times and have always received what I asked for. If you are not a Hyatt Passport member, sign up online before you call as it always helps if you are in the "club". You won't receive any hotel points because you booked through PRICELINE but you might get a room on a higher floor with a better view. Call after the morning check out rush or better yet, call in the mid afternoon before folks start checking in. Don't forget, smile when on the phone, the clerk on the line is your new best freind. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]