WA Seattle Hotel Vintage Park

Phaelon56
By Phaelon56,
in

Paid $60 per night on PL bid. Fairly convenient location just up the hill from shopping district and about a brisk five minute walk from Pike Place Market. $25 per night for valet parking with in/out privileges but don't even bother looking around for cheaper parking unless you're not moving the car for the duration. $22-24 is going rate for 24 hours in downtown Seattle. Treated like gold by the young and friendly staff. On our arrival day we missed the free daily wine tasting that's offered in the very cool living room area just off the lobby. MY GF expressed her disappointment - the desk clerk said "I'll see what I can do to make it up to you" - when we arrived back at room after a late dinner there was a half bottle of good Merlot waiting for us in the room. We were offered upgrade to deluxe room for an extra $30 per night but declined - the room we got was huge and very comfortable. Nicely furnished and not a generic hotel room by any means. Not as funky and unique as the other Klimpton property I have stayed in (Hotel Triton in San Francisco) but still a class act. Forgot to snap pics of room but here's the cozy lobby area with gas fireplace that runs 24/7.

• 4 years later...

I just spent a night at the Hotel Vintage Park (I think I paid $100 for it via Priceline as I was in a hurry and didn't have time to do a lot of re-bidding work). While I was basically only in the lobby and in the room, I really did think it deserved the 4* rating.

Yes my room was on the small side, but I had a really comfortable queen size bed. (Just as comfortable as the Sheraton and the Edgewater, other 4* hotels in Seattle). Free wireless. L'Occitane shower products. My bathroom had a nice granite slab -- pretty much the same bathroom as the Sheraton.

It's a Kimpton hotel and while it's not as nice as the Monaco or Alexis, I still think it's nice and I'd be happy with anything under $100. Of course, that's one night in one room. I have no idea if my experience was uncommon.

• 1 year later...

Nice stay --- small lobby with gas fireplace and afternoon wine tasting. Location was fine --- easy walking distance to main Seattle downtown sites. Note that we picked up a Budget Rental Car just a couple of blocks away on 4th Avenue that allows for free overnight parking at the garage. Nice perk if you wish to avoid the expensive hotel rates. Other downtown rental companies might do the same.

By the way there was no extra fee for a room with two beds and we were treated as well as any other guest at the hotel.

• 1 month later...

Stayed Feb 20 - 22, 2009. Bid and received this hotel via priceline at $74.00/ night. Check in went fine with no mention of Priceline except to say that our room was prepaid. I had called the hotel once booked and asked for a king room which we did receive upon check-in. Room was not big but definately adequate. The hotel offers free wireless internet, local calls and turn down service. The bath products are Aveda and were wonderful. The hotel offers a nightly wine tasting from 5pm to 6pm of red and white wines from the Washington area. This was a nice touch and well attended by patrons of the hotel. We found the staff very accomodating and helpful when we had tourist questions. Very good location for walking to all of Seattle's sites. The only drawback is that once you are in Pike's Market it is up hill back to the hotel which can be tiring after a long day of sightseeing and shopping. We did cab it once and it cost approx $8. Well worth it for tired feet!!! This is a hotel that we would stay at again especially for the price we paid through Priceline. Enjoy it was great.

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]