Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Boston (Back Bay-Copley Square) Hilton Back Bay

richs52
By richs52,
in

First post here!

I usually go the PRICELINE route for Hotels, bt this time I am traveling with a female friend and have the need for two beds. I know not to risk Priceline since they only guarantee one bed, so I thought I would give HOTWIRE a try. If I want to be assured two beds, should I select three people, even though it will just be the two of us? I am looking in Boston. Thanks.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You can also try different combinations of triple occupancy which results in different hotels offered.

If you list the dates of your stay, zone(s) you're interested in, and amentiies associated with the hotels you're considering we'll try to help you ID them or confirm that we agree with your guesses.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the welcome and replies.

I am looking at Boston - Copley Square. The offer is 3.5 - Customer Favorite with Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, and Business Center. I suspect that it is the Hilton - Back Bay, which would be perfect, especially since I can put in for 3 people and get 2 beds.

Another question: I am looking for a single weeknight in April - Wednesday the 23rd. The rate I am offered is $125, and the lowest rate on the Hilton site is $189, not too far off. Should I wait to see if the Hotwire price goes down in the next few weeks, or lock it in now?

OR, would any of you take a chance and use Priceline, and pray for two beds at checkin. I've had good luck getting two beds when I've needed them with Priceline bids, especially during a lower time (which Hilton's $189 rate hints at). I know it's risky, just asking for opinions. Thanks!

Should I wait to see if the Hotwire price goes down in the next few weeks, or lock it in now?
HOTWIRE only shows the lowest priced hotel at each star level in a given zone. Assuming the ID of the Hilton is correct, what if while you're waiting for the price to drop a little another hotel offers a lower price than the one currently offered and this hotel no longer appears for your dates? What if the price goes up rather than down?
would any of you take a chance and use Priceline, and pray for two beds at checkin... I know it's risky
It is risky, but a risk only you (and your friend) can decide if you should take. How much would your trip be ruined if you had to share a bed? How much would you need to save to make the risk worthwhile? If you saved $10/nite (each?) and ended up with a room with only one bed, would it have been worth it? If the savings were $20/nite? $30? If the risk is worth it at some level, then adjust your maximum bid downward and give it a try, but if you really dont' want to share a bed, then HOTWIRE is probably the better option. The HOTWIRE rate is about 1/3 off, so it's certainly not a bed deal.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]