By drnzyme,
in

Booking dates: 3/1/08-3/2/08

2 rooms

3 adults

1st bid $75 - 4* Deluxe + USE/Embarcadero

2nd bid $81- 4* Deluxe + USE/Embarcadero + Cathedral Hill

3rd bid $85 - 4* Deluxe + USE/Embarcadero + Cathedral Hill + SSF

I really want to stay in the Chinatown, Financial, Embarcadero area, but am opposed to paying more than $100 for a hotel after taxes and fees (not to mention parking). I will be spending half of my time near Civic Center at my usual place (OASIS INN - Free Parking, Mini-fridge, in-room safe, and smoking room for $60!!! near Japantown off franklin).

What should I do? I don't want to stay anywhere near Market because there are too many crazy people down that way and I hate touristy people.

Should I rebid and include more areas or wait 72 hours? I need this hotel by Friday.

Have you seen the Priceline Re-Bidding Explained thread?

If you have 3 areas in which you want to stay at the 4* level then you have in fact quite a few rebids if you use Permutations.

However if you have reached your maximum budget with the 4* bidding then you would have to lower your standards maybe.

What does HOTWIRE show for those dates? Usually a good indicator of prices for Priceline

BTW

The lock out period for PL is now 24hrs.

I don't want to stay anywhere near Market because there are too many crazy people down that way and I hate touristy people.

You shouldn't bid on Priceline at all then. Some of the 4* hotels in USE (Marriott, Westin) aren't just near Market, they're ON Market.

slruud's suggestion---the Hilton Financial on HOTWIRE at $89---sounds perfect for you. Under $100 and in one of the areas you prefer.

thanks for all your responses. I saw that hotwire hotel but was unsure if i wanted to go that route. now i see they dropped the price to $85. it must be a sign. I can't not take that offer. so, i'll be reposting under HW with my win info.

This site really is great and really active. i just think more features should be incorporated where user's pictures are a little easier to navigate.

thanks, I used your links page to book my hotel.

I used the Betterbidding.com TRAVEL LINK for HW to complete purchase so that I can help support the site. Here's what I got and how I got it.

:) 2 Rooms x 1 Night @ $85/night = $170 + taxes & HW fees = $201.39

Embarcadero Area: Kearny @ Washington down to Market towards the Embacadero. Financial district hub near Chinatown and North Beach neighborhoods.

HW 4-star hotel suppliers for Embarcadero include:

Intercontinental, Hyatt, Omni & Hilton

Trip Advisor Traveler Rating(4.0 out of 5)

Based on:200+ customer reviews

Last Reviewed:February 2008

AMENITIES

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

High-speed Internet Access [free at this location]

Spa Services

Tried PL first:

Booking dates: 3/1/08-3/2/08

2 rooms

3 adults

USE/EMBARCADERO

Denied 1st bid $75 - 4* Deluxe + USE/Embarcadero

Denied 2nd bid $81- 4* Deluxe + USE/Embarcadero + Cathedral Hill

Denied 3rd bid $85 - 4* Deluxe + USE/Embarcadero + Cathedral Hill + SSF

(instant "rebid" because there aren't any 4* hotels in the Cathedral Hill or SSF areas)

ACCORDING TO THE SF HILTON WEBSITE THIS ROOM RETAILS FOR $189.

I couldn't find any advertised prices for this room cheaper than this.

Hope this helps! If you have any questions, ASK. I'll be glad to help out any way I can.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]