Priceline Bidding and 21-24 Age

detjohn
By detjohn,
in

Hi all,

I am 21 and looking to rent a car from Priceline.

Priceline's underage policy with rental cars is stated as follows:

"Rental companies charge renters under the age of 25 Young Renter Fees. These fees typically start at $20 per day and can be as much as $50 per day for high cost locations or more desirable car types. For example, a rental car that normally costs $30 per day could cost an underage driver at least $50 per day.

With priceline.com, you should include these additional fees in your offer price. If your request is accepted, you will not be charged any additional Young Renter Fees at the rental counter."

Does this mean that as along as I enter my age as 21 and get an accepted bid, that I am GUARANTEED not to pay any extra underage fees when I reach the counter?

I'm asking this because I am getting some very low daily rates for a week-long economy car rental accepted.

Thank you very much for any info,

John

I would call Priceline's customer service to verify, but it appears that all bidders are required to enter the drivers age when making a bid, so its possible that the "young drivers" fees are factored into the bid>

please post your zone and dates of your rental

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]