Hotwire Hotel: Help Identify these hotels- starving college students

jluna
By jluna,
in

I really need help identifying 3 different hotels for SF from February 16-18. Two nights, two adults.

4* USW listed with : fitness center, restaurant(s), high speed internet access, pool(s), business center. $103 per night.

3*USW listed with : Boutique, restaurant(s),high speed internet access, fitness center, business center. $94 per night.

3.5*Embarcadero listed with : fitness center, business center, high speed internet access, restaurant(s), laundry facilities. $102 per night

My room mates and I are taking our first trip up to SF and want to get the best deal for a nice hotel in either the USW or embarcadero, or fishermans wharf..... But we are broke, because we are college kids...

any help identifying these would be greatly appreciated :) asap as we want to book soooooon!

Welcome to BetterBidding, jluna.

Two nights, two adults.
My room mates and I are taking our first trip up to SF

Are there two in your party or more than two? "My roommates and I..." suggests a party of three or more.

Also will you have a car? Some Union Square hotels charge as much as $55-60/night parking and that needs to be factored into your budget if you're driving.

Even though you're still unsure if the third person is coming you should redo your HOTWIRE search with "3 adults" instead of "2 adults". That way you'll be looking at options with two beds guaranteed. Rooms purchased on a "2 adult" search might only have one bed.

When you search for 3 adults do you see any options within your budget, keeping in mind Union Square parking rates?

What's your nightly hotel budget, parking included? I might be able to suggest some properties you can book directly. Are you willing to stay a half mile or so from Union Square, either in SOMA area or Cathedral Hill, in order to save on hotel and parking costs?

thanks for the advice, it is really appreciated. I am now looking at a 3.5 in fisherman's wharf... i am thinking it could be the Sheraton Hotel in Fisherman's Wharf.

THe amenities include:

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

$132 for three adults two nights... what do you guys think?

according to this post,

Hotwire Sheraton Fishermans Wharf

i think that it is a match.

we are budgeting no more that $140 a room and $80 total for parking on both days.

I agree that 3.5* looks like the Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf. You're a quick learner, jluna!

Checking your dates for three people I also see a 4* in Union Square West at $119 that looks like the Hilton.

For college students on their first trip to SF I'd favor the Union Square location over Fisherman's Wharf. Union Square is closer to shopping, nightlife, and public transportation. There's just more to see and do near Union Square.

Hilton charges $45/night parking. If you get it at $119 + $45 you're still coming in under your $180/night budget.

Whether you go with FW or Union Square please use this HOTWIRE link when you purchase as it helps support this free bidding advice service, at no additional cost to you. And please let us know which hotel you win.

If you have additional questions before you purchase feel free to ask.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]