Cheap airfaire from Eugene, OR to Santa Barbara, CA?

Helps!
By Helps!,
in

I've looked around on the internet and I'm hurting.

I need a weekend fare that departs late Thursday or anytime Friday (preferably early Friday), and returns preferably Monday, but Tuesday works as well.

Any dates work for me.

I'm looking for a fare between $200 and $250.

I've looked around on the internet, but have had bad luck, either the flight is sold out, or the price sky rockets.

If anyone has any insight of how I could make this work, or if it even could, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :)

Using dates of Feb 8 to Feb 12 the going rate seems to be 370 inc tax. United seems to have the shortest flying times. Using the dates with HOTWIRE a 259 price inc taxes came up as a limited time offer. Keep in mind you will not know the airline or flying times until after purchase.

If times are of no concern I would suggest using priceline and shooting a low ball number to try and get a 200 fare inc taxes.

hope this helps....good luck!!!

Hmm. How do you shoot a low ball number? I always see the commercials for priceline where shatner talks about negotiating, but I never see anywhere to do that, haha.

bidding on airfare is like bidding for hotels....you make up a price your willing to pay and then priceline will search to see if any airlines are willing to accept your offer price

i'd advise you to read up on the priceline bidding rules/regulations before you start

once your offer is accepted nothing can be changed on the ticket no matter what the circumstance is

It takes longer than flying, so I don't know if it fits into your short schedule, but Amtrak offers a california rail pass that is valid for the length of California. It is $159. It is good for 3 weeks. You can pass any section of track 4 times. The train runs from the Oregon border to San Diego and passes through Santa Barbara. For $159 you could go to Santa Barbara twice on separate weekends, plus go to LA or San Diego during your trip as well if you like. You just need to get yourself from Eugene to the oregon/california border. You can pay for train tickets for that leg or maybe drive that part or maybe a bus would get you there? This all may be difficult for a weekend trip, but thought I would mention it...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]