Hotwire Hotel: 2* Newburgh (Newburgh-Stewart Airport SWF) Super 8

dahammer
By dahammer,
in

Started a Priceline bid in the Middletown, NY zone at the 3* level, there are a ton of rebids, but I was unsuccessful up to $75. Lowered star rating to 2.5 and bid up to $75 in Newburgh, no dice. Went to 2* and bid $55 in the Newburgh zone and was rejected. Went over to HOTWIRE and saw a 2* "Best Value" for $59 with ZERO amenities, I thought "how bad could it be"? ugggh!!

1 room $59.00

Tax recovery charge and fees $11.55

Total:$70.55

I was expecting a bit of a train wreck, I was pleasantly surprised. This is my first stay in a Super 8 and the hotel is fairly spotless, the room is clean and with free wifi and a free continental breakfast I can't complain. I would absolutely stay here again. I noticed that the hotel's website had a 15% discount rate tonight, or $53.98 so I submitted a double the difference price guarantee with HOTWIRE, and am awaiting a response from HOTWIRE's clever and efficient customer care staff.

I just did a search for tomorrow night and a 2* "Best Value" with Breakfast and Laundry icons is available for $59.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]