Priceline Hotel: 3* DC (White House-Downtown) Doubletree

Hopsangirl
By Hopsangirl,
in

Hi - my first posting but I've many of the threads and topics. Great stuff!

I found a 3* hotel in White House - Capitol Hill just now for $83 (58% saving) for 3/1/2008-3/5/2008. I hope someone can help identify it for me.

Amenities: Pool, restaurant and laundry facilities.

I looked at an old post from October '07 naming a hotel with the same amenities as the Four Points Sheraton. However, when I look at Four Points' own website their prices are much higher than what Hotwire is naming as the normal price ($200).

Which hotel could it be?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The "retail" rate that HOTWIRE shows is often incorrect and therefore not a reliable indicator to base a hotel's identification. Their stance is that it is the rate of a hotel of that star level in the zone, not necessarily that of the hotel you will receive.

The above is a match for the Four Points and that would be our best guess.

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the reply. The Four Points doesn't look too exciting and the reviews in TripAdvisor weren't exactly overwhelming so I think I'll hold out a little longer and see whether something better comes along. I'll be sure to use the http://www.betterbidding.com/cgi-bin/click...src=1&id=33 link for any purchases.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The "retail" rate that HOTWIRE shows is often incorrect and therefore not a reliable indicator to base a hotel's identification. Their stance is that it is the rate of a hotel of that star level in the zone, not necessarily that of the hotel you will receive.

The above is a match for the Four Points and that would be our best guess.

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

• 1 month later...

I'm looking for a 3*-4* hotel 3.1.-3.5. in Dupont Circle or Georgetown (would consider WH). Found this 3* in georgetown at $199. Seems a little expensive based on the Tripadvisor feedback. Any more info most welcome!!

Amenities:

-Fitness center

-Restaurant(s)

-Laundry

-Pool

-Biz Center

-High speed internet

Tripadvisor + 20 reviews. 3 out of 5

• 5 months later...

Sorry for not finished the thread sooner.

I ended up with a not very good deal but it was the day before my trip and I had to stay somewhere - plus it was my first time using PRICELINE so I wasn't as savvy as I'd like to think I am now.

Used PRICELINE and got 3* Doubletree Washington on Rhode Island Avenue for $175. Location was great - within walking distance to Georgetown and Dupont Circle and really close to White House. Hotel a little run down maybe but definitely no mice like some of the reviews said on Tripadvisor.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]