Priceline Hotel: Amsterdam City Center/Museum Quarter zone

WillTravel
By WillTravel,
in

The Amsterdam City Center/Museum Quarter zone has an edge that pokes north, into the area of North Amsterdam, which you can reach by a free ferry from behind Centraal Station. So it's not the end of the world if you end up there, but I wouldn't consider it central Amsterdam either.

What I am trying to figure out is if there are any 3* (or 4*) hotels in that tiny little northward fork. The one I am concerned about is the 3* NH City Center North (not to be confused with the NH City Center).

You can see the NH City Center North location if you go to maps.google.com and enter this address:

Distelkade 21, 1031 XP Amsterdam

You can see the City Center/Museum Quarter zone if you go to Priceline and set up an Amsterdam bid, and click to see the zone map.

So if you compare the two, do you think the NH City Center North is included in the CC/MQ zone? I can't make up my mind, as the Priceline map is so unclear. Priceline also has a North zone, and I'm unsure whether the NH City Center North fits in that zone. This hotel is definitely a Priceline hotel, as it shows up in vacation packages (and numerous NH hotels have been won in Amsterdam).

So if you compare the two, do you think the NH City Center North is included in the CC/MQ zone?

To my eyes, this address is in the North zone... it is more clear if you look at Priceline's North zone rather than looking at the City Center/Museum Quarter zone.

The CC/MQ zone doesn't seem to stop just short of the cluster of roads that appear on the map (if you understand the area i'm refering to).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for looking. I think you are probably right. I thought that maybe this meant there were no hotels at all in this little Priceline North Amsterdam blip for CC/MQ, but I looked a little more and I think that Bastion Hotel Amsterdam/Centrum-Noord might actually be a 3* (or possibly 2*) hotel that is in that tiny area.

I think my feeling here is the same as for Hotwire - I just do not feel entirely comfortable with either the zone or the possibilities. At least Hotwire does not have this little northward blip, though. I'll update after our Amsterdam stay with whatever we decided.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]