Pick on NYC drop off Washington

Andrade
By Andrade,
in

Hi;

I am going to NYC on February and will pick it up on NY and travel to Washington on Feb 29.

What do you advice as best and economic way to do that?

I am intending to rent a Sport or Convertible car, and has seen rates about USD 50 - 60 at hotwire wich is allright to me, but the dropoff charge is about USD 200 and this is the biggest issue.

What do you advice me to have a better deal on it?

Thank you;

Daniel

Have you considered Amtrak? They are running a weekend special with fares as low as $49 each way. Southbound tolls for the NJ Turnpike, Delaware Memorial Bridge, State of Delaware (which clips you for about $2 or $3 even though I-95 is about 16 miles long), Baltimore Tunnel, etc. will run about $12. Add at least $30 for fuel. If you are solo or even for 2, this might be a good option as this drive is in a heavily driven corridors. Riding on the train is really pretty great and very relaxing with the stations located in the heart of of each city as well.

dahammer;

Amtrak at this price would be a great deal, but the $49 fare is just for roundtrip, as they put on their site:

" Terms & Conditions

Fares listed are one-way, per person and based on a round-trip purchase.

Round-trip travel is required."

So, the final price would be $100 for each adult (we are in 2).

Any other options you might suggest? Thank you very much.

sorry about that! I gotta start reading the fine print!!! :)

if you select a departure date of 2/29, you should see one way fares as low as $69 per person, there is an 11:35 am that arrives in DC at 2:55 PM. If you're in a hurry, the Acela service will save you 45 minutes, but the least expensive Acela fare is $125 per person. When they run on time, trains are great: since the stations are downtown, you need not take an expensive cab ride to the airport (take the subway) and you don't have to arrive an hour and a half before your scheduled departure as you would for a flight. You can get up and walk around the rail car, sleep, read, and be better off than if you drove 200+ miles upon arrival to DC. If you are a senior, AAA member, military, or student, you may qualify for a discount.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]