Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Newark (Jersey City) Courtyard by Marriott

shoeless
By shoeless,
in

This bid history was originally part of another thread (3* Newark (Jersey City) Hyatt Regency, $37 ... 5/28-5/31), but reposted here on it's own at the request of thereuare.

This bid took place on 5/9/04 for occupancy on 5/28/04 - 5/31/04.

bid 3* Jersey City, $52 (hoping for the Hyatt or possibly Doubletree) - rejected

added 2.5* and bid $55 - Accepted at the Courtyard Marriott

I see two different "wins" at two different NJ hotels, a 2.5 * and a

3* for what appears to be the same timeframe. Am I reading

these postings correctly? I am always watching the area as I will

be staying in the Courtyard over Thanksgiving and really appreciate

the info found at this website. Regards, Keoni

From the other PRICELINE NEW JERSEY thread:

May 7th 3:52pm:

I'm resurrecting this thread is because some friends of mine now want to tag along for this trip (5/28 - 5/31) and really want to be in the Hyatt with us. I've tried bidding it again for them, but have been unsuccessful.

So this stay at the Courtyard is for shoeless' friends (but s/he can elaborate on that further).

Keoni, you may or may not know that i live less than a mile from the Courtyard so if there's anything you would like to know about the area or need help planning your trip feel free to ask.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Keoni,

Sorry for the confusion, but theruare has basically summed it up. I bid Jersey City back in March for the Memorial Day weekend and got the Hyatt for $37. Then, around 5/1, some friends of mine decided they wanted to join us and we tried for the Hyatt again. After numerous attempts, we were always rejected. Turns out the Hyatt was booked full for the Saturday night of that weekend. (thanks to thereuare for figuring that one out)

So we changed our bidding strategy to try to get something else close by for them and ended up with the Courtyard Marriott for $55 for the same weekend dates. Hope that all makes sense.

By the way, shoeless is a "he" :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]