Priceline Hotel: 4* San Diego (Downtown-Harbor Island) W San Diego

like2cruise
By like2cruise,
in

I have used Priceline a couple of time with some success with your help of course, but typically use Hotwire. I missed the Westin Horton Plaza on hotwire for $132.00 :) so now looking at booking either priceline or hotwire. Is it too early to be successful in San Diego for priceline? We are cruising on Sunday and arriving late on Friday so that we can enjoy all of Saturday in San Diego. We are 2 couples so we need 2 rooms. Would prefer to be in the downtown-gaslamp-harbor island area, but are open to suggestions. We would prefer 4 star, hotel but the 3 star hotel list here doesn't look too bad. Our budget would be anything less than $150.00 per night per room with tax. Closer to $100.00 would just be the cherry on top :)

Any San Diego suggestions, bidding help or even hotwire hotels that you think would be in a good location much appreciated!

Thanks!!

First thing i would do is look at the zones on both Priceline and HOTWIRE as each divides this area a little differently. Priceline's zone is larger while hotwire divides this larger area into smaller areas (for example, the Gaslamp Quarter is it's own zone). Is anywhere within priceline's shaded region acceptable to you?

I'd then also look at HOTWIRE and see if the hotels are in/near your budget and if any of them can be identified... maybe something is just "perfect" and you would pay a little extra to have an educated guess as to the location and property beforehand.

Hopefully somebody more local to the area will be able to advise which areas in particular might be best for a short stay. In the meantime, i'd start with the above two 'research tasks' and let us know your thoughts and/or how we can help further.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hotwire's only Downtown option under $150 now is a 2*. The Downtown 4* is $219 and Gaslamp 3* is $233. I think better prices are likely to return if you're patient. January is a long time away.

You might be able to get a 4* on Priceline for under $150 now but Priceline's Downtown zone includes Harbor Island. You could win the 4* Sheraton or 3* Hilton on HI, which isn't really Downtown. If the possibility of winning something on Harbor Island is acceptable let us know and someone will suggest a strategy.

What about a 4* on Coronado or in the Coastal zone? Those are good alternatives too.

• 5 months later...

I would really appreciate any help or suggestions regarding a hotel in San Diego for 2 rooms for 2 nights.

Icons include Oceanfront, shuttle, fitness center, pool, restaurant, business center and internet. 3 star $109.00

I was thinking it might be the Holiday Inn on the Bay and they maybe they have added the oceanfront icon back, but there is no laundry listed as in the past. I did a package and that hotel does show up from Hotwire.

Any ideas??

Thanks!!!

While not an exact match, my best guess is that this is the Hilton San Diego Airport/Harbor Island, as it has previously been seen with the amenities above, except for the Hi-Speed Internet icon, which i'm sure they do offer.

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You have helped me identify a 3* hotel through Hotwire, but now I am contemplating trying to bid and see if I can get a 4* through Priceline for similar money. All of the 4* hotels listed would work great, but I have read your FAQ area and know new hotels can be added at any time, but I am thinking it might be fun to roll the dice. It appears that there are really not any bad hotels through Priceline that have been won in the past unlike some other areas that we have traveled to. If I am off base or if anyone would like to give me some bidding strategies, that would be great. It appears that I have lots of rebids. My pricing is anywhere from $85.00-$125.00. We are arriving late on Friday, but plan to use the trolley and see the areas we can't walk to on the 12th and will be setting sail on the Dawn Princess on the 13th.

THANKS!

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

When bidding 4* in San Diego you have 11 re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Downtown-Harbor Island...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130 (if you make it this far and want to make this last bid)

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

I started at $75.00 and bid by $5.00 increments and suceeded with my final bid at $125.00. Do I need to post this anywhere else? We are excited with our win...it is going for $285.00 a night so basically got one night free!

W San Diego

Downtown San Diego & Harbor Island

421 West B Street

San Diego, California 92101

619-231-8220

Check-Out Date:

Sun, Jan 13, 2008 / 12:00 PM

Amenities:

Reservation and Billing Information

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $125.00

Subtotal: $500.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $74.54

Total Charges*: $574.54

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]