Hotwire Hotel: Help ID Champs Elysees - Trocadero

mcremata
By mcremata,
in

This property has not yet been identified, but $400+ for a hotel rated 3/5 by TA :)... i'd think there would have to be better options at that price point.

agreed. it's a challenge since there is no longer the 4.5 star category on priceline in paris. i've won the hotel scribe and westin paris in this category and have been pleased both times. it looks these days that the winning bid in this zone (champs) is the le meridien etiolle which is not a well reviewed property. any ideas?

This property has not yet been identified either.

Have you tried searching thru conventional means at all?

For example, i don't know anything about this particular property but in a quick search i found Ampere Hotel which appears to be in the oringal zone you inquired about, is priced at $234/nite, and is in the 95th percentile of user rated hotels in Paris.

I'm not saying that this is necessarily the hotel for you, but at more than $100+ than the opaque properties you're inquiring about, i would think that there would be something similar where you will know exactly what you're getting and be less than the prices you're looking at above.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

Just checked Hotwire for a Paris hotel 3/16/-3/19/08. Unless I'm missing something, the Trip Advisor scale is absent. Is this the case for all of Hotwire?

By the way, I'm struggling to find a 5 star hotel for these dates. Since Priceline has eliminated the 4*+ category in Paris, it makes winning a hotel of this level virtually impossible, from what I can see. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks so much for the reply and your best guess that it may be the Hilton. I did go to the Accor site and looked at the Sofitel options, but both the Scribe & Farbourg are priced high.

I did change my dates. These are now set in stone 3/16 - 3/19 and I actually need 2 rooms. Struggling to find something I can live with. Bidding on a 4* through Priceline, it looks likely that I will win the Le Meridien Etoile, which I'm not crazy about. Last year won both Westin ($200) and Scribe ($225) bidding on the 4*+ category, which no longer exists. Not sure what options I have other than going for a Hotwire (which will be a guess since there are no 4.5* hotels listed on the Hotwire Hotel List for Paris) or just booking a traditional reservation. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks again for all of the help this forum continues to provide.

Thanks WillTravel. It's a tough one. Not sure what I should do. In case anyone else is looking for the same dates, the best I've found so far is: Warwick Champs $279 (TravelRes.com) Marignan Champs ($292 GTA Hotels.com) Eduard Vii ( $271 GTA Hotels.com) and Elysees Regencia ($297 TravelRes.com). The Elysees Regencia is highly rated on TripAdvisor. I think it's the #5 choice. I'm not familiar with any of these hotels though, so any thoughts from those in the know will be appreciated.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]