Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (USE) Hilton Financial

Becktastic
By Becktastic,
in

Thank you for the reply to the other thread.

With respect to this request, I am interested in the cheapest in the three zones with general preferences for USE or USW -- but it really doesn't matter. [Although, if there's a zone that would make getting a room with two beds more likely, I would prefer that one...but I am guessing that specificity isn't possible.]

Thanks again for any help.

Since I wanted to ensure getting two beds, a moderator suggested putting in 3 people on Hotwire and I got an $85/night listing for a 3* in USW and I was wondering if there was any way to determine what hotel it was.

Here are some of the hotel amenities:

Boutique Hotel

Property offers a distinctive, unique or eclectic atmosphere. Many boutique hotels are smaller, hip properties in an urban setting, or renovated hotels with historical flair.

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Thanks for any info.

The above is a match for the Maxwell Hotel so that would be our best guess, but with only those two amenities, there could be others.

If you go for the above please use this HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Let us know how it goes or if you would prefer to bid on priceline (and if you choose priceline, just how many people do you intend to put in one room?)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

With three zones and three re-bid zones (Priceline Re-Bidding Explained) i would try as follows:

Select 4* Fishermans Wharf...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* USE...

Bid $75, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* USW...

Select 4* Fishermans Wharf and USE...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Fishermans Wharf and USW...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Fishermans Wharf and USE and USW...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Some Union Square hotels charge Priceline customers an additional fee for a room with two beds. At the Westin St Francis the surcharge for two beds was $35/night at last report. If you're lucky you'll get a hotel that gives two beds for free. If you still want to use Priceline for this....

You have three free rebid zones for 4*. Ask if you need help figuring them out. Since you prefer USE and USW over FW I've left FW out of the equation.

I suggest trying $70 for a 4* in USE. Add USW at $80. Then add your three free rebids at $90, $100, and $110. If that doesn't work you can try $115 in 24 hours.

Good luck!

Nice deal, Becktastic. This is $140 at hilton.com.

Hopefully the Hilton doesn't charge for 2 beds.

I think your chances of getting two beds for free is good, as the Hilton charges the same for 1 king or 2 doubles on their website. Westin and some other hotels charge more for 2 beds, even to customers who book conventionally.

The main pricing distinction at Hilton Financial is whether the room is Bay View or City View. Bay View rooms cost $50 more.

You've got enough time between now and January 18 to enroll in HHonors and get an HHonors card. You won't earn points for a Priceline stay, but presenting the card at checkin could improve your chances of getting 2 beds and maybe a Bay View. (Although I think the city views should be good from this location too.)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]