Priceline Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Bevery Hills - West Hollywood) NEEDED!

FSMG
By FSMG,
in

Hello,

I'll be in Los Angeles on vacation and I'm looking for a 4 star in the Beverly Hills/West Hollywood area from 1/4 - 1/8.

What should I expect to pay in this zone and what are the 4 star options? Also, I was told the "Century City" area is very business like. Being I will be on vacation, I'm not looking to stay in a business area. I believe the Intercontinental is in that "business" area.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Welcome to BetterBidding, FSMG.

You can see all the reported 4* hotels in the Priceline Hotel List pinned at the top of the page.

There's no way to exclude the Intercontinental Hotel or Century City area from your Priceline bidding. You can win any 4* hotel in the zone.

HOTWIRE might work better for you since you can usually identify the hotels in advance.

What about the Hyatt on Sunset? It's often available as a 3.5* on Hotwire (although I haven't checked if it's available for your dates).

Your hotel can be anywhere within the shaded boundaries of the zone, as defined by priceline (or HOTWIRE if using that service)... if there are hotels, or areas of the zone, which are not acceptable than priceline may not be the best option for this stay.

Have you searched HOTWIRE for other offerings (other than the one suggested by Colfax above) to see if any are in your price range? You may be able to identify it before your purchase and know if it will give you the 'non-business' atmosphere you're seeking.

Do you need to be in this specific area or perhaps other Los Angeles zones, closer to the beach, may be acceptable?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Definitely prefer to be in the Bevery Hills or West Hollywood area. What would you say is safe to expect to pay for a 4 star per night? What have the recent winning bids been for 4 stars in this zone?

Also, I know this is slightly off topic, but any advice on a rental car? Want something nice (Escalade, Chrysler 300, Lincoln Towncar, etc) with GPS and unlimited miles since I'll be driving it and dropping it off in Las Vegas.

Thank you guys in advance!

Definitely prefer to be in the Bevery Hills or West Hollywood area.
Does this mean you can accept anywhere in the zone or are there areas you don't want to be in?
What would you say is safe to expect to pay for a 4 star per night?
Using our BetterChecker what are the rates at the known 4* hotels in this zone?
What have the recent winning bids been for 4 stars in this zone?
Enter 'Beverly Hills' or 'West Hollywood' (without the quotes) into the QUICK SEARCH inside the blue header at the top of the screen. But a warning that rates are date specific (which is why i asked the previous question above) and just because a hotel was won at a certain price doesn't mean that hotel or rate will be available for your own stay.

Regarding the rental car, it is often difficult to find unlimited milage on a one-way rental. Start with our Car Rental Checker to see rates for this route.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You can only bid once on Priceline? I thought you could do it as many times as you wanted until it got accepted. I keep getting the message below. Any help would be appreciated. It could take weeks to bid in small increments if you can only do it once per day.

We were not able to process this request since our records indicate you have already made a request for this same trip. Your credit card has not been charged for Request Number 5*7-***-***-12.

We'd be happy to try your request again if you can do any one of the following:

Change your dates of stay

Select a different hotel quality star level

Add more areas in which you'd be willing to stay

If you can change any of these items, you can also name a new price. If you are unable to change your request as indicated above, you will need to wait at least 24 hours from the time you made your original offer to try again.

To try your request again, change one or more items with a check.

Guess you decided to move forward before answering our questions (which are really necessary if you're going to make an informed bid or bidding strategy).

You can only make the same bid once every 24 hours, but that is where re-bidding comes into play... you have five re-bid zones available at the 4* level. See Priceline Re-Bidding Explained.

However, to make sure you don't end up in a zone that you don't want to stay in, make sure you understand this concept fully and confirm your re-bid zones with the board before bidding again.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]