Hotwire Hotel: 4* San Diego (Gaslamp Quarter) Hilton Gaslamp

SDbidder
By SDbidder,
in

Was lurking this forum these past few days while trying to book a hotel room in downtown San Diego. I was trying to narrow down the hotel that was provided by Hotwire by using the list. Great job on the list!!

Anyway, I was offered $109 for 3 nights for 4* hotel in SD's Gaslamp District. The amenities matched Hilton/Omni/Solamar and I was pleased with the Hilton. The amenities were Fitness Center, Restaurants, High-Speed Internet, Pools, and Business Center (no tennis).

However, I was surprised that it was the Hilton since the "retail price" matched that of the Omni. The retail price according to Hotwire is $185.67, which is exactly what Omni is according to Expedia/Hotels.com

This is my second time using Hotwire as I normally use Priceline. I used Hotwire this time simply because Sheraton Marina is in the same zone as downtown/gaslamp for Priceline. The promotion rate for Sheraton Marina for my dates is $109 per room (very high chance to get that hotel if I bid $70-$108, no?). So I decided to use Hotwire where I know my room is in the Gaslamp instead.

PS: Sheraton Marina is listed as 3* on the non-vague site, but listed as 4* if you bid. I forgot to include the price in this post, but I can't edit the topic. Sorry!

Thank you for this great forum!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]