Car Las vegas for over a month

Kevin86
By Kevin86,
in

Hi all,

This will be my first post. I'm from the Netherlands and was wondering if you guys can give me any advise about rent a car next summer in Las vegas.

I will arrive in LV on the 21th of July and will drop off the car on the 18th of August.

Are there any coupon codes which I can use? I need the cheapest car possible(with airco :) )

I appreciate your help.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Start here: Car Rental Discount Codes

If you'll be in Vegas inbetween your rental, you can also try the opaque suppliers, making two separate rental purchases.

Also, note that some rental companies, while offering unlimited milage, do limit the geographic area you're permitted to drive in... for example such a car rentel company would not allow you to rent for a month and then drive cross country and back in the 30+ day period.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for your reply.

What do you mean by: If you'll be in Vegas inbetween your rental, you can also try the opaque suppliers, making two separate rental purchases.

And how do I know what discount the codes offer me? For instance with Hertz, I see a code with (Us Airways) next to the code what tdoes this mean?

I fly with Us Airways and it would be great if I can get miles for my car rent.

Appreciate your help.

they were all deleted automaticly because they are incorrect
Or it could be that they are only valid for weekend rentals, midweek rentals, or a maximum of 14 or 21 days, or any other number of restrictions.
What do you mean by: If you'll be in Vegas inbetween your rental, you can also try the opaque suppliers, making two separate rental purchases.
Priceline and HOTWIRE will no let you rent a car for more than a month, but you can rent a car, for example, 7/1-7/21 and then again from 7/21-8/10, essentially two separate rental purchase which covers a time period longer than one month. HOWEVER, you will need to return the car on 7/21, and then start a new contract (and perhaps a different car) on 7/21... so you would need to be in/near the location to return the rental car.

In other words the above would work if you needed the car and would be living in/staying in the Las Vegas area... but would not work is you were picking the car up in Las Vegas in order to tour the Southwest and not return to Las Vegas unitl the end of your stay (since you would have no way to end/begin a new rental contract)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The codes for Thrifty are also not working.

I will reward the person who will find the best deal for me! (I can send $ via all pokerrooms/Neteller/Moneybookers/Paypal)

Arrival: 21th July 2008 Location: Las Vegas airport

Drop off: 17th of August 2008 Location: A hotel on the strip, if airport is cheaper use airport.

Car: Economy

I will fly with US Airways. Flight number 598

Looks like the best rate offered right now is $15 a day through Dollar.

You might be able to get a lower rate by waiting untill June of next year.

Usually August is very hot in Vegas and rates might go down if pre-bookings are low.

Dollar Rent-A-Car

Chevrolet Aveo or similar

4 Weeks at $105.48 per week. Unlimited mileage.

Base Rate: $421.92

U.S. Dollar (USD)

Promo Code:

Total Estimated Charges: $654.68

Click Here for Rate Details

Your Lowest Rates on Dollar.com

Base Rate: $421.92

Taxes, Surcharges & Fees

APT ACCESS REC FEE $42.19

FACILITY CHARGE $84.00

Rental Tax $43.85

STATE TAX $42.48

VEHICLE LICENSE FEE $20.24

Total Estimated Charges: $654.68

U.S. Dollar (USD)

Promo Code:

Rate Code: RCUW8

Thank you for your reply.

I found this price via HOTWIRE:

Your trip

Economy car Thrifty

Las Vegas (LAS)

Mon, 07/21/08Pick up 8:00PMdetails: Sun, 08/17/08Drop off 11:00AMdetails:

27Rental days:

$14.21Daily rate:

$383.76Subtotal:

Estimated taxes

$218.75and fees:

Estimated price: $602.51

This price is without a promo code.

Is the chance decent that the prices will drop if I wait untillt June next year..?

Is the chance decent that the prices will drop if I wait untillt June next year..?

Nobody can say, as it depends upon how actual demand comes in relative to expected demand. Rates could go down... or they could go up.

If you choose to wait, i'd recommend booking the car with Dollar as a back-up (i'm assuming it can be cancelled without penalty... in fact, most car rental agencies don't even require a credit charge to lock in the price... but i DO recommend you cancel once you know if you won't be need the reservation, it helps them manage their fleet better and it's the "right" thing to do). Please use our link to Dollar Rent a Car if you go this route.

If you choose to book the hotwire offering please use our HOTWIRE link.

Good questions Kevin86.

The estimated total does not include any auto liability insurance for you, and it would cost about $10-15 a day if you purchase through the Rental company, doubling the price of your rental. I would recommend contacting your own insurance company to see if they have a "non-owner auto liability insurance" which would cover the Rental automobile.

My guess regarding the discount codes is that many are good for certain time periods or calendar dates and your long rental doesn't qualify for those providing a limited discount.

Thereuare made a very good point that you can reserve the Dollar Rent a Car such as the one I listed above, then try to get a better price, and not have to worry about the price going any higher than that. If you get a better deal, later, you can just cancel the reservation without penalty.

I would much rather have a cheaper car than the airline mileage bonus. Most airline mileage credit is per rental, meaning you would get the same bonus amount no matter if you rented for 1 day or for 1 month, so It is really not a big deal.

Check the car rental price from all sources if you think you can save some money, but I have found the best prices are not advertised by the company selling you the airplane ticket since they charge extra to let you "save time" by making all the reservations in one place. That is not 100% true, but I almost always find a lower price somewhere else.

Kevin86,

If you are from the Netherlands and your car insurance is also there, no rental car price offering from the U.S. will include insurance on your car. You will have to pay a lot extra - unless you have, for example the Lufthansa Goldcard, the only credit card AFAIK in western Europe to include CDW or LDW on rental cars.

A better choice for you might be renting through a european consolidator, for example www.billiger-mietwagen.de or www.123-autovermietung.de or www.autoeurope.de The prices may not appear to be as cheap as Hotwire or Priceline or anything else in the U.S., but they will include all insurance!

BTW, some states in the U.S. (California, Alabama, Georgia) don't even include liability insurance (Haftpflicht) on the rental cars. Everything is extra -- don't rent in the U.S. without being sure that you are covered.

My insurance company does not offer insurance for rental cars. I will checkout the websites you just post. Can someone tell me what the insurance price will be if I rent in the US?

Edit: You gave me .de websites. I do not speak German. i will google some english car rental websites.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]