Hotwire Hotel: 3* Paris (Champs Elysees-Trocadero) Best Western Folkestone Opera

wiired
By wiired,
in

Hi Everybody

I am a new user, but this forum looks absolutely great and helpful!

I am looking to stay in Paris for 2 nights: 1/18-1/20/2008 (Fri and Sat)

I did a hotwire search, and got two results that I might be interested in. Both are for 3* hotels. One is in the Champs-Elysees/Trocadero region. The other is Opera/Grand Boulevard.

Any help with ID'ing these hotels would greatly be appreciated!

1) 3* HOTEL CHAMPS ELYSEES TROCADERO

$119/night

Amenities: High Speed Internet

Trip Advisor Rating: 4.0/5.0

2) 3* HOTEL OPERA GRAND BOULEVARD

$115/night

Amenities: High Speed Internet

Thank you for your help! Also, in general what do you think of these deals?

If these are really good well-located 3* hotels, then it would be a good deal. If these are mediocre, poorly-located 3* hotels, or worse, then I think it would be a not so great deal. Most likely if you look hard enough, you can find a 3* hotel in both of those zones for the same price or less and you would know what and where it was. The 4.0/5.0 on TripAdvisor hotel does look promising.

With so little to go on, there's no way to be sure about what those hotels are. What you could do is check with Hotwire's vacation package (create a fake one), and look at the 3* hotels that come up for a package that covers those same dates. (I'd try New York-Paris for ease.)

The 3* Hotel Champs Elysees Trocadero is a match for the Neva Hotel, while the 3* in the Opera-Grand Boulevard is a match for the Hotel de la Tour d'Auvergne, so that would be our best guess for each... but obviously with just the one Internet icon can't be too confident that there aren't others with the same amenities.

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The 3* currently showing on HOTWIRE in this zone doesn't show any amenities... do you recall if the one you purchased had a Laundry icon or didn't show any icons? (if you're unsure, you can still see the amenities (if any) associated with the hotel you bought by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top of their home page)

Thanks!

EDIT to ADD: received a PM for this user that the HOTWIRE hotel purchased did not show the Hi-Speed Internet icon... so the Best Western won is being seen without any amenities associated with it

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think this is a good hotel with a good location and good reviews, but it goes to show why Hotwire is not necessarily the best deal. You can get the same hotel for 93 Euros, including breakfast, for a double/twin room on the Best Western site for your dates. The Hotwire rate, once taxes and fees are added, comes close to 90 Euros and with no breakfast or guaranteed choice of bed type.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]