Priceline Hotel: 4* Oahu (Waikiki Marina) Hawaii Prince

darioc
By darioc,
in

Will try and bid for waikiki and go back to the maui later.

I know its the end of a holiday weekend so im aware availablity might be limited. Im prepared to split my bidding.

My preference is 4* plus in the beach zone(budget permitting)but not that fussed where i end up as long if its a bargain and not to far out from the beach.So id rather move down to 2 1/2 star and 3 star properties than to strech the budget

Iv seen other bidders reguarly winning the prince @waikiki marina for $130. Is this a possible for my dates. I understand there is a chance of winning the less desirable ala moana which shows availabilty for my dates.

Any suggestions??

My max bids are around $130-$140 for a good hotel/resort

If rejected for a 4* in the Beach zone... did you then want to try for a 4* in other nearby zones (if so, which zone(s)) or try for a lower star rated hotel in the Beach zone?

Try 4* in other areas. Zones im willing to bid is everywhere except the airport .ihiliani, waianae.

Is it worthwhile bidding for resorts as well.

Might change my check out dates to 2/23 after talking to a friend who reckons we should go to the big island or kaui.Maybe il do both if maui accommodation doesnt work out. Im so confused.Thanks for being so patient

Ready to bid for waikiki checking out for the 23 rd is good.

If i win something for these days il work everything around those.

Heres a draft outline of what we want to do

4-6 days in waikiki (depending on what i win on priceline)

3-4 days in Maui or kauai or big island

3-4 days in Maui or kauai or big island

The remainder is in waikiki. If 1 day is left the airport zone would be prefered since we have an early flight on the 3rd of March.

As you can see my days are very flexible

dates are 18/2-23/2

Areas i would bid for in order are

1. Beach area

2.Marina

3.Diamond Head

4.City central

5.Executive centre(not sure about this one) how far from the beach is this?

star rating is more important than zone but like i said im not that fussed.

What ever the best deal is im taking it.

Of the zones above, only the Waikiki Beach and Waikiki Marina have 4* or higher properties, leaving 5 re-bid zones at the 4* level. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Beach...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Marina...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Beach and Marina...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Won the Prince for $142. Was tempted to bid a little extra for the dates 18 to the 22. changed the dates to get an extra bid.

Will this place charge us resort fees.

Want to extend my stay. Not sure if i should extend 1 or 2 days.If i extend for 2 days and im successful that will check me out on a Monday. Is a Monday cheaper on hotels for other areas rather than ( Sunday the end of the weekend )which is the 23rd.

Many Thanks

:)

Congratulations on your win!

I stayed here about 2 years ago and don't seem to recall any resort fees (although parking was about $14/day, if i recall correctly... with in/out privleges)

Generally speaking, Sunday is the slowest day of the week for hotel occupancy and therefore usually sees the lowest rates/best deals.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Still unsure to extend or not.Might think about it.

Is this a really good deal to take the two extra days now so i check out on the 24th Feb Sunday and increase my chances of getting a better deal on the other islands

or should i leave it make up the 1 or 2 extra days at the end of the trip in waikiki hoping to get a better deal.(im finishing my trip in waikiki)

I know there is no right or wrong for this silly question as anything can happen but your guess will be better than mine

Sorry for not explaining myself properly

Il try again

Since my dates are still flexible and im going to finish up in honolulu.I was thinking i could shorten this stay by leaving it as it is and extending my stay when i finish up in waikiki. 2/28-3/3 instead of 3/1 -3/3

That way i can rebid for a better deal and hotel. How likely is that for this time of the year?

Might strech the budget to a 150 bid if it means getting something flash

Or should i jump at this offer.

Thanks for your patience

If you add time to the end of your stay back in Waikiki, i think you'll be losing a fair amount of time traveling between the airport and waikiki, and checking-in/out of hotels. It's one thing to change hotels in the same or a nearby zone, but 'travel days' are often unproductive, so by looking to extend your time in Waikiki on the back-end of your stay, i think you're losing some 'vacation' time since it adds a travel day to your trip (vs. just staying near the airport upon your return to Oahu at the end of your trip).

dates are 18/2-23/2

Areas i would bid for in order are

1. Beach area

2.Marina

3.Diamond Head

4.City central

5.Executive centre(not sure about this one) how far from the beach is this?

star rating is more important than zone but like i said im not that fussed.

What ever the best deal is im taking it.

Hold on i try this ..... februari 5th to 11th..

illl try this betting.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]