Hotwire Hotel: 3* San Francisco (Japantown-Civic Center North) Opal

Colfax
By Colfax,
in

I used the BetterBidding HOTWIRE link and got the Opal. The Opal is one of my regular hotels in SF and I'm happy to see it come up at a reasonable rate again. This summer the Opal's Hotwire price was usually in the $80's or $90's, when they had availability at all.

Amenities are unchaged:

Breakfast, Fitness, Business Center, Laundry, Highspeed Internet

And Hotwire beat Priceline this time.

I checked Hotwire first and saw $52. From prior experience I know Priceline usually beats Hotwire at the Opal by a few dollars. So on Priceline I bid $45 for a 2.5* in Cathedral Hill and got a counteroffer to raise my bid by $13. I added USE and USW (which were acceptable zones to me, but usually more expensive than Cathedral Hill) at $50 and $52 and those bids were rejected.

A $52 bid on Priceline costs more than a $52 purchase on Hotwire, due to Priceline's higher transaction fees. Grand total on Hotwire was $104.00 + $19.18 = $123.18. Grand total on Priceline would have been $104.00 + $23.42 = $127.42. Priceline's fee was $4.24 more than Hotwire's!

Parking at the Opal has gone up again. It's $28.50/night now. You can park across the street at the Cathedral Hill Hotel garage for $20/night with unlimited in/out privileges. Opal's breakfast is still free and tonite there was a free wine and cheese reception in the lobby.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad you received the hotel you wanted and saved money by researching it thoroughly! The breakfast, and evening reception you caught tonite, is a NICE bonus!

Thanks for sharing your results with the board and for using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]