Priceline Hotel: 12/06 - 12/09

kinkid
By kinkid,
in

I've tried to bid the 2.5* Secaucus for the days of 12/06 - 12/09 with the price of $75 -> failed

Rebid again with a 3* hotel for $80 -> failed again.

Not sure if I'm booking it at the last min. As I really want to bid the 2.5* Hyatt Place and it seems everyone is able to bid it with the price of $75. Can anyone provide me some suggestions. Thanks very much! I do plan to stay in the Secaucus area as I heard there's bus stop rt in front of the hotel to get to the NYC.

Oh.... Hyatt place is sold out.. :) and I was looking forward to stay in the hotel since I knew it just renovated... I guess my backup plan is to try bidding the 3* Secaucus Holiday Inn Harmon Meadow. As I knew there'll be a $8 parking fees/night, is it possible to try bidding this hotel @ $65? Or cos time is running out, I should try bidding it @$80? Thanks very much!

Here is the parking information for the Holiday Inn, Secaucus:

Valet parking 8.00 per day or complimentary self parking available in the parking garage across the street; top level only.

unfortunately, this hotel is sold out for your dates of travel.

HOTWIRE has a 3* customer favorite for $109 with the following amenities: Fitness, Pool Restaurant, Business Center, Laundry, High Speed Internet, Golf. This should be the Sheraton Meadowlands. This is a great hotel and although free shuttle service is available to Secaucus Junction train station or to a NJ Transit Bus stop in Secaucus, you may want to have a car to get around. FYI, it seems that all Intercontinental Hotels (Crowne Plaza, HI Express, Candlewood, etc) are sold out for your dates of travel within a 50 mile radius; I'm not sure if this is a glitch in the system or not.....good luck and please use this HOTWIRE link if you proceed with this purchase.

Thx for the info, dahammer and thereuare. No wonder I'm not able to bid any hotel within the Secaucus. Since last night, I've already tried to split up the days by bidding Dec 6, Dec 7 and Dec 8 separately. I tried to include the zone of Jersey City for a 3* and 2.5* hoping to get either the Hyatt Regency or the Courtyard by Marriott but with no luck. I did tried to bid the zone of Rutherford as well, still got rejected.

I'm planning to continue my bid in priceline, as I'm not familiar with hotwire.

I'm fix on the travel date of Dec 6 - Dec 9, but I don't mind splitting up the days if I'm able to stay over at a zone that is close to the NYC.

If I'm really know able to find a hotel in Jersey city / Rutherford, then, I may have to try bidding the area of the Newark Airport. Which will require me a long time for commute, as I do not plan to drive into the NYC. Heard that transportation time is roughly an hr from the Airport to NYC. :)

Any suggestions? Thanks very much!

since your dates are firm, you really need to make hotel arrangements immediately.

I did a search using Expedia, the only hotels with vacancy in Jersey City are: Econo Lodge, Red Carpet, and Doubletree (with a daily rate of $323). Even the Holland Motor Lodge is sold out!! In Secaucus, the Red Roof Inn and Extended Stay America have vacancy, all others are sold out. You cannot use a bid that was accepted months ago as a basis for your current bid since conditions have changed and hotels are at or near being sold out.

you should find something in Newark that will meet your budget, but the commute is longer and you may have to pay for parking. With a car, you could always drive over to the PATH station in Harrison and park for a fee, the train to NYC is $1.50 each way.

Thanks everyone for answering my questions.

I'm not able to bid any hotel room through priceline. So, at the end, I booked the Days Hotel Newark Airport from their official website. As I do a research, it's 4 min. drive to the Newark Penn Station. So, I'll park at the Penn station and take the path to NYC.

Can anyone give me some advice as to take the path all the way to World Trade Center and take the subway back to midtown is more convenience or should I transfer to the Yellow Line @ the Journal Square and take off at the 33rd street? Which way can help me to save more time?

Also, can anyone tell me how to get to the Battery Park from the World Trade Center Path station? As I plan to visit the Statue of liberty and the departure location is at the Battery park. Thanks very much!

Next time, I'll definitely plan my trip earlier so that I can bid on priceline.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]