Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) Grand Hyatt

chris20
By chris20,
in

It'll be fine.

The rooms were recently renovated and the comments in our own HOTEL REVIEW section are positive.

Given that you're coming in from Germany i assume you'll be sightseeing a great deal, and being right next to Grand Central gives you plenty of public transportation options as well as a short walk to Times Sqaure.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I stayed there last summer and I read those same reviews...

The lobby is magnificent ... and some complained about having to show your room card every time you enter the hotel ... which is in fact great for security. The rooms are large/high ceilings however older ... and it is true that there are no coffee makers in the rooms ... you'll have to splurge for the $6 Starbucks in the lobby. The folks at the reception desk were super-nice ... and I had my choice of room-type and high floor!!!

Chris20 ... as thereuare mentioned ... it will totally be fine.

Or for breakfast (rather than $6 coffee) walk to Ess-A-Bagel on Third Ave and 51st St. for coffee and some of the best bagels NYC has to offer (and for well under $6).

Being from Germany i understand you may not know a good bagel from a bad one, but take my word for it that these are the good ones! :)

I can also recommend Rio Grande on Third Ave (~31st St) for some amazing margaritas that will likely throw you for a loop, and ther are many Irish pub type of place further south on Third Ave (between 22nd St and 26th St) that have good Happy Hour specials ($3 pints of beer). One more suggestion if you like sushi is a place on Third Ave between at ~27th St that has Sushi Happy Hour from 4:30-7:00 Monday thru Friday where all sushi is half price (the place says Imperial Palace in front but i'll get you the real name and actual address if this is an option for you). I know half price sushi is normally something that invites disaster, but my wife (who knows sushi) states that everything there is fresh and neither of us have gotten sick. The two of us go there and walk out stuffed for $25!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you very much for your nice and helpful comments. Now everything looks better.

We will try the bagels as you mentioned. And it`s right - I don`t know a good bagel from a bad one right now :) . But I hope this will change after our visit to NY.

Have a good time, Christian

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]