Advice for bidding for others on Rental cars

Willow Branch
By Willow Branch,
in

Here is something that I have not read about before......since I LOVE Priceline & I LOVE to bid, I often help out my busy friends by doing the bidding for them (they have not mastered the free re-bids either). This has worked well for hotels becuz I simply plug their names in the blanks that states who the hotel is for & then I use my credit card & my mailing address.

NOW, for a Rental car.....would I be dumb to use MY credit card to bid for them? I am wondering what would happen if they have in an accident & it was paid for with MY credit card; could this put me in a sticky situation? I have a friend who is busy & needs a car for their honeymoon, so I was going to bid using MY card. Should I get their credit card & use that to bid for them?

Please advise!

THANKS

There is always a risk when you bid for somebody else and i don't recommend it... better to teach them and walk them thru step by step (of course directing thru the appropriate links :) ). There are always things that can go wrong...

-make a mistake (wrong dates, zone, etc) and who is responsible for the non-refundable reservation?

-i think most credit card insurace coverage only insures you if you are the driver of the rental car... so there would be no credit card insurance coverage when using your card to rent for somebody else (i think)

-when hotel bidding, what if they don't like the hotel received?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks Thereuare:

It sure is nice to have someone like you around! I am going to ask for their card to bid.

I only do it for close friends & I always preface it with "I can't guarantee what you'll get....it may be horrible!!" So far, I have been VERY lucky.....I have got the coolest places for cheap!!

I do try & walk them through it; usually, they get frustrated & just want me to do it.

But, for cars, I will NOT use my credit card!!!!

THANKS!!

Willow Branch

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]