Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Toronto (Airport YYZ) Hilton Airport

jigga68
By jigga68,
in

Booked this deal on hotwire a few days ago...

4 star hotel Lester B. Pearson Intl Airport 11/21/07-11/24/07

"This distinctive establishment offers comfortable rooms, personal service and some upscale features"

= Hilton Toronto Airport

1 room @ $69 per night x 3 nights = $207

tax etc = $35.35

total = $242.35

however, after doing some research on google, I discovered the parking is an additional $15 x 3 nights = $45

so its more like $84 per night...

so true total = $287.35!!!

And no free internet....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Airport Shuttle

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

High-speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today got an email from Hotwire Support notifying me they had downgraded their rating for Hilton, and now it's 3.5. :)

They said I could either cancel it or keep it and get a 75 hotdollars :) .

What do you guys think?

I read in this forum that some users have been offered 25 hotdollars before about the incorect rating. Could it be that Hotwire Support knew that I would be really unsatisfied before going there?

So now I'm deciding whether I should cancel or just keep the $75 for future use.

Read some reviews from some ppl and a lot of them were negative. One mentioned, though, that the Hilton Toronto's airport's deluxe room is the 'true' 4 star in the hotel.

Hi there,

Please help me identify the following:

4 * hotel in Lester B Pearson Airport

"This upscale establishment offers thoughtful features, quality rooms and a high level of service."

Date: 11/21/07-11/24/07

2 people

$84 per night

Hotel Amenities :

Airport Shuttle

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Pool(s)

Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

Laundry Facilities

High-speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Do you think its the Sheraton Gateway? If so then parking will = $20 per day and internet = $20, so additional $40....

Also I believe Intercontinental has paid parking too. There is no Omni Hotels in Toronto.

I think only Hyatt has free parking. What are my chances of getting Hyatt from the above description ??

Westin = additional $14 parking per day

Thanks! :)

Yes, the 'deluxe' rooms are OUTSTANDING!! But of course, you won't get one if you use Hotwire unless you complain about how nasty the standard rooms are!

Even Hilton's guest relations department admitted they've had many problems with this hotel, and while I am mostly responsible for having this place downgraded to 3.5 stars, I still think it should be further bumped down to 3 stars! Not only did I get $25.00 in hot dollars, I also got a free night at any Hilton Hotel in the US, and I ended up using it at the Millennium Hilton in NYC!

Just take the hot dollars, its not the Bates Motel, but its not great either, It would compare to a Holiday Inn at the very very best; just try to see how much extra it costs to upgrade to a Deluxe room; it truly is worth every penny!

The above doesn't match the description for the Sheraton Gateway so i don't think it's that property, and unfortunately the property above hasn't been identified yet. If i were to take a guess, i'd think that maybe the Holiday Inn Select has been upgraded to a 4*, but no evidence of such, other than that the amenities match those above (and previously seen at the 3.5* level).

You reference the Hyatt, but which Hyatt are you refering to as there is none (that i know of) in the airport zone... only the Park Hyatt but that is downtown (and charges $34CAD to park).

I don't think you're going to find any airport hotel, nor downtown, at the 4* level with included parking.

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I don't think HOTWIRE offered you $75 instead of $25 because "they knew you'd be disappointed"... but rather it was $25/day and your stay is for 3 days, making it a $75 offer. ($25 x 3 days)

Can you please confirm that in addition to the above amenities there were also a Golf and Tennis icons? This property has previously been reported with the amenities above, plus Golf and Tennis icons, and also appears this way for the current 3.5* hotle offered in this zone for the above dates.

You can still check the amenities shown before your purchase by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY STUFF link near the top of their home page.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, the 'deluxe' rooms are OUTSTANDING!! But of course, you won't get one if you use Hotwire unless you complain about how nasty the standard rooms are!

Even Hilton's guest relations department admitted they've had many problems with this hotel, and while I am mostly responsible for having this place downgraded to 3.5 stars, I still think it should be further bumped down to 3 stars! Not only did I get $25.00 in hot dollars, I also got a free night at any Hilton Hotel in the US, and I ended up using it at the Millennium Hilton in NYC!

Just take the hot dollars, its not the Bates Motel, but its not great either, It would compare to a Holiday Inn at the very very best; just try to see how much extra it costs to upgrade to a Deluxe room; it truly is worth every penny!

What things did you complain about? Hairs in bathroom? Old deco? Dirty basin? I'm curious and I need to 'prepare' myself mentally before arriving... :)

• 3 weeks later...
What things did you complain about? Hairs in bathroom? Old deco? Dirty basin? I'm curious and I need to 'prepare' myself mentally before arriving... :)

All of the above! It was old, there were hairs everywhere, and staff were rude too.

Room decor is no nicer than a Clarion in the standard rooms.

As I mentioned earlier, the standard rooms suck; ask about paying a little extra for a deluxe room-room 360 was a great room! Mind you it only has a shower, but its simply amazing-the water pressure literally knocked the removable type shower head off its holder! It was almost like a fire hose-although you can control it.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]