Priceline Hotel: 4* Vancouver Sutton Place Hotel

mickcur
By mickcur,
in

Looking to book 2 nights pre cruise in Vancouver Downtown 3* or above from 11AUG08. Is it too early to try? Any bidding tips greatly appreciated as Vancouver seems to be pricey, especially that time of the year. I have used this board and bid successfully using priceline for USA hotels previously. Thanks for any help!

Michael

Thanks for the reply. I'll try and be a little more specific. We would like to be downtown 11-13 August 2008, really prefer a 4*(or higher) as opposed to 3* (but would be happy with 3* as I noticed they rate a Hilton as a 3*). We would like to keep our maximum bid to $150. But knowing the time of year, and how expensive Vancouver is, we would be able to stretch closer to $200, especially for a 5*. Is that too high? Anyway, I would like to try some really low ball bids to try our luck, as we have plenty of time. Is that enough info to help with a bidding strategy? Let me know any other info you might require. Thanks again.

Michael

At the 4* level you have four re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Downtown and re-bid zone3...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Downtown and re-bid zone4...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Downtown and re-bid zone3 and re-bid zone4...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $115.

I would start with the above.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The lock-out period is now 24 hours (reduced from 72 hours) so you could actually bid tomorrow if you desire.

If you're currently willing to bid up to $140 i would try again tomorrow (24 hours after your last rejected bid) as follows:

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Downtown and re-bid zone3...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Downtown and re-bid zone4...

Bid $128, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $133, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Downtown and re-bid zone3 and re-bid zone4...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $138, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $140.

If the above is rejected you can choose to wait it out a week (or two) or lower your bids to the 3* level.

Let us know how it goes or if you have any questions.

Good Luck.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If all of your 4* bids are rejected, I would suggest that you try again in a couple of weeks rather than drop to 3*. There is a sizable difference in quality between the 4* and 3* hotels, and there is the ever-present danger of getting the Plaza 500. The hotel has received a lot of bad reviews (see TripAdvisor) and is right next to RAV/Canada Line construction. I don't know what state of construction Canada Line will be in by next August, but service is not scheduled to start until 2009.

Tried again today up to $165. Still all bids rejected. I thought I would bid higher due to the USD getting weaker against the CAD, but obviously didn't help. I won't go any higher than $165, as I have found a 4* hotel rated number 4 in Vancouver on tripadvisor, on another website for CAD160. And it is able to be cancelled albeit with a $50 cancellation fee.

Continuation of my previous Vancouver 2008 thread.

Bid won at $165, bidding from $80 in increments of $10. This was the second time in 2 weeks bidding up to a maximum of $165. Not a FANTASTIC deal, but I'm very happy with this price for this hotel in the middle of cruise season in Vancouver. Thanks for everyones help.

Used the Savingsbarn link.

Regards,

Michael

Congratulations on your win!

Glad you were able to get your stay settled well in advance and can now focus on other ascpects of your trip planning... glad the board was able to help.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and for using the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]