Priceline Hotel: Paramount Studios-Where to Stay?

travelmommy
By travelmommy,
in

A little background: We won tickets to the Dr. Phil show, so we're heading down to LA from January 20-23. We have some flex in our dates. We would like to be close to Paramound Studios, of course, but we'd like to be tourists, too. Rodeo Drive and all that. There are 4 of us, one who can't walk very far.

So, here are my questions:

*What areas do we want to bid on? We're a bunch of bumpkins, so we want to make sure we're in a nicer area. No street smarts at all!

*We would love to be right around $100 per night, up to $125 per night. Is this resonable?

*What sites/tours should we plan on?

*Will we need a rental car?

Thanks so much for your help!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

For starters, there are four of you... are you looking for one room for all four of you or for two rooms? If one room, Priceline may not be an option as they only guarantee double occupancy and you could received a room with only one bed. Some take the chance and risk it, but if you're not willing to do that, you'll have to go with HOTWIRE which will allow you to book up to quad occupancy.

Once you decide which service you'd like to go with, you can search a map to see where Paramount Studios is located and then see which zone(s) are close to that location.

For things to do in the area, see our sister site: ThingsToDo411.com.

As far as your budget, we'll first need to know which service you'd like to go with and which zone(s) you're wiling to accept.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you! I love this website!!

We would like to share a room to save costs...one nicer room compared to two just-okay rooms.

From what you've said, it looks like Hotwire is our best bet. I'm looking at Downtown LA, Hollywood and Bevery Hills. My biggest concern is getting a nice location. I understand there are some not-so-nice areas of Hollywood. With that in mind, I'm guessing we'd like a 3* or better.

I'm wide open to advice about any of this!

PS-The Thngs To Do website is awesome! Just the airport shuttle will save us money! Thanks!

What is the price of the 3* hotel above? I'm showing at $199/nite which would be nearly double your maximum bid... is this property a serious consideration?

I do see there is a 2.5* hotel in this zone as well as 3* hotels in the Hollywood-West Hollywood zone on HOTWIRE... are these not being considered as they seem more inline with your requirements in the first post of this thread.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It's priced at $185, well above our budget. But, with breakfast for 4 included, that could add up to $40. Still, you are right, it's above what we would like to pay.

I would definitly consider the 3* in Hollywood/West Hollywood for $102, but I can't tell which one it is from the pinned list. Like I said, I'm very cautious about the neighborhood. Is there a way to correlate the amenities with the trip advisor rating?

I've seen some 4* hotels in Downtown LA on priceline for $75 a night. At that price, we wouldn't be going too far above our budget to get 2 rooms. I think those prices have all been last minute deals. Would it be possible to get something that low by booking this far out?

What are the amenities of the hotels HOTWIRE is offering which are within your budget and which you would consider purchasing?

I've seen some 4* hotels in Downtown LA on priceline for $75 a night
Rates are date specific, so may or may not be offered (now or ever) for your dates. See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ regarding "when bidding early/close to arrival".

If you used priceline you wouldn't be able to target, or avoid, any particular area... are you willing to accept a hotel anywhere within the Downtown zone?

Here's what I can find on hotwire within our price range:

3* Downtown LA-$139 per night (doesn't match anything on the list)

Fitness Center

Pool

Restaurant

Business Center

Laundry Facility

3* Hollywood/West Hollywood-$94 per night (Best Western Hollywood Hills??)

Fitness Center

High Speed Internet

Restaurant

Pool

Laundry

Trip Advisor-3/5 out of 5, over 60 reviews, last reviewed October 2007-First review mentions cockroaches...I'm not sure I'm interested in that.

2.5*-Beverly Hills/Westwood/Century City-$99 per night (No hotels on pinned list at 2.5*)

Complimentary Breakfast

High Speed Internet

Pool

First review mentions cockroaches...I'm not sure I'm interested in that.
Why not... you only said location was important to you :)

I'm not sure of the other two properties... i could take a guess, but given that location is of primary importance, not sure if it's worth a guess or not.

I just did a search on EasyClickTravel for quad occupancy and there are a LOT of hotels under $150/nite... are any of the properties there in your desired location? (for their "Off the Record" properties use our Reverse Look-Up Tool)

Are you really sure the four of you want to share one room with one sink and one bathroom?

You could possibly get two rooms for $75 each bidding Priceline for a 4* Downtown or 2.5* in Beverly Hills/West Hollywood.

Both options would put you in hotels where I think you'd feel comfortable, plus two sinks and two showers.

Or if you rent a car, 3* in Burbank/Universal/Glendale. You can often get a 3* for $60 or less and not a far drive to Paramount Studios in Hollywood.

Since you want a quieter sedate hotel I don't recommend opaque purchase of unidentified Hollywood hotel. Might not be quiet.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]