Canada Toronto Hilton Downtown

dizy
By dizy,
in

Got this hotel on PL for $80 USD for a one-night stay (11/2/07-11/3/07). The location of the hotel is great - close to all the excitement. The lobby is nice, and there is a "scenic elevator" with glass walls to give you a nice view on the way up.

Our room was fine. They seemed to be going for a high-end look, but never seemed to tend to the details to get all the way there. The wallpaper was peeling in MANY places, both in the hallways and in the rooms. There were some stains in the shower, and some peeling pains on the ceilings. The bottom of the bathroom door was chipped. I am not normally the type of person to notice all of these details, but I was planning to write a review, and I know that some customers DO care a lot about these things. The following night we stayed at the 4* Sheraton Centre which didn't have these kinds of issues and was definitely step-up by comparison (review of that hotel posted separately).

On the positive side, the bed was VERY comfortable! I wish we could have brought it home with us!

They did have a pool, which was clean, but small. We did not use any other services of the hotel. Check-in/check-out were no problem.

All in all we had a wonderful one-night stay, but I wanted to note all the aesthetic problems for future customers. If I were paying $200/night, I might start caring about these things too!

• 6 months later...

I was very impressed with the Hilton Toronto.

I've always wanted to stay here, but have never managed to get it.

Well...I got lucky this time!

Wanted to have a night on the town due to a special occasion...

No Priceline discrimination at check in; we were offered either a smoking room on the 12th floor with 2 beds or a non-smoking room on an executive floor (27th) with a king bed...we took the executive room since we only needed 1 bed. However...we were told that the key would not open the lounge (and it didn't...decided to try it)

The room appeared to have recently been renovated; with a lovely shower, and a very soft bed.

Linens were definitely 4* for the most part, except for the bath mat, which was like sandpaper.

Other towels were so soft and absorbent, and the bed linens were amazing.

From our room, we could see offices in the building next door; if you want privacy, I'd suggest keeping the curtains closed.

Very clean.

I'd stay here again any time!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]