Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Los Angeles (Airport LAX) Hilton Airprot and Towers

bjjfan
By bjjfan,
in

Hello everyone:

We (family of 4 with 2 small children) will be in LA/OC (preferably beach area) area from 10/19 to 10/27. We like to say in LA area (Santa Monica to Redando Beach or Bevery Hills) from 10/19 to 10/23. We like to stay in OC (Huntington Beach, Costa Mesa, Laguna Beach) from 10/23 to 10/27. I like to stay in 4* or 3.5* hotel. We like to stay at the beach if not, then we care more for the rating than the exact locations.

Any recommendations which site (PL or HW) gives me the best chance for being on the beach? If not, which one gives me the best price for same hotel rating? In either case, should I wait any longer or should I go ahead and bid?

Thanks in advance

Please use separate threads for each leg of your stay. We'll use this thread for the first stay, 10/19 to 10/23, and feel free to start a NEW TOPIC for the balance of your trip.

Few points to cover first...

Priceline only guarantees double occupancy, HOTWIRE allows you to search for up to quad occupancy. Since you'll be four people, are you comfortable using priceline since your room is only guaranteed for double occupancy. You don't say the age of your children other than that they're 'small', but you could get a room with only one bed (and not room for a rollaway cot)... are you comfortable with the kids sleeping on the floor if need be? If not, HOTWIRE would be your better option, including the 2adults/2childen in your search.

If Beachfront (or Beach Access) is important than HOTWIRE may also be the better option since they show you amenities associated with the hotel before your purchase. Two of these amentieis are "Beachfront" and "Beach Access", so you can be assured before your purchase that the hotel you purchase will either be on the beach (ie- beachfront) or has easy access to the beach (beach access) if either of these amenities are shown.

On the otherhand, priceline is usually a little cheaper than HOTWIRE, so that is an option if you're willing to take the risks outlined above and if price is more important than bedding arrangements and closeness to the beach.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Start by doing a HOTWIRE search and see what is available and at what price, we can then try to help you ID it and determine the 'value' in what is offered.

Searched HW for Santa Monica 10/19-23 and the only one showed up was 3* (in Santa Monica- Marinal Del Rey) with breakfast, pool, laundry and internet for $149. Is it Holiday Inn? I hope it is not Ocean Luxury as I ready bad review on it.

thnx

What is your maximum bid (we wouldn't want to suggest a strategy that went higher than you were willing to pay)

Are you willing to pay more for a 3* vs. a 2.5* or are you really looking for the least expensive 2.5* or better hotel you can get?

max $110 plus fees

Yes, prefer to pay more for a 3*. Any of the 3* on the map would be nice. 3* on HW for the same period is $145.

thnx

The Marina Del Rey Hotel has come up as a 3* in the Priceline's Santa Monica zone and some of the reviews have been very negative. Maybe look at some reviews on TripAdvisor and decide if you want to use Priceline in the Santa Monica zone.

One other possibility...

I know you said you want a 3.5* or higher hotel but do you know about 2.5* in the Manhattan/Redondo zone? It's usually the Residence Inn that comes up, if anything. The rooms are full suites with a pullout couch in the living room plus full kitchen. That hotel can probably handle four people better than some 3* hotels you might win. It's about a mile from the beach.

Hilton Los Angeles Airport and Towers See details

5711 West Century Blvd

Los Angeles, California 90045

(310) 410-4000

Used the HOTWIRE link to purchase this one. The listed amenties are:

Airport Shuttle

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

Paid $79 with tax and all was $97.18

It was interesting that if I chose only 1-2 person then I would get a 3.5* for $89. But when I added 2 children, 3.5* price dropped to $79.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]