Hotwire Hotel: 2* Portland (Airport PDX) Best Value Inn and Suites

Colfax
By Colfax,
in

Best Value Inn and Suites

4911 N.E. 82nd Avenue

Portland OR 97220

Amenities: Suite, Breakfast, Laundry, Kitchenette

I wasn't able to identify the hotel prior to purchase. The Suite icon made me think this might be a good deal on the Comfort Suites on Airport Way, which go for about $90. Instead it turned out to be a bad deal on the Best Value Inn, which I could have purchased on my own for $54.00, AAA rate. After taxes and fees I paid $1.28 more purchasing this on Hotwire than I would have on my own.

Positive: The room really was a suite, with a separate bedroom with a door, plus a full kitchen. King sized bed in the main room and a queen bed in the bedroom. This budget suite could easily have accomodated four people. The bedroom alone was larger than standard rooms I've won at the Doubletree Lloyd Center or Benson. There was a full kitchen with stove, microwave, and full size standing refrigerator. But not a thing in the cupboards or drawers! No dishes, no silverware....nothing! Maybe dishes on request? I didn't ask.

Negative: Inadequate parking. The hotel is two stories above an underground garage. They do a Park and Fly program, which they apparently oversold. The garage was full when I arrived at 8pm and I had to park all night in the "10 minute only" spot for registering guests. There's no street parking in front of the hotel and guests who arrived later then me had to park on nearby residential side streets. This isn't a great area of Portland to be walking at night.

Before purchasing this I tried Priceline, bidding $42 for a 2.5* in the Airport zone.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]