Priceline Hotel: 3* Los Angeles (Beverly Hills-West Hollywood) Hyatt West Hollywood

lislog
By lislog,
in

Just came across this forum today. We are hoping to find a 4* hotel in West Hollywood for $130-$150 per night. Unrealistic at this late date? Am going to bid in the morning. Thanks in advance for all help. I wish I would have known about this site 3 years ago--- I always PL it!

Welcome to BetterBidding, lislog.

Priceline doesn't have a "West Hollywood" zone. It's "Beverly Hills-West Hollywood". If you win a 4* in BH-WH on Priceline the chances are good it will be in Beverly Hills, not in West Hollywood, because Bev Hills is where most of the 4* hotels are located. I think the Mondrian is the only Priceline 4* in West Hollywood and it doesn't come up that often.

You have a much better chance of landing in West Hollywod if you bid for a 3* because almost all accepted 3* bids are for the West Holllywood Hyatt. There are some 3* hotels in Bev Hills too, but they rarely come up on Priceline.

Your $150 limit for a 4* is realistic but are you okay with a 4* in Bev Hills?

HOTWIRE has a 3.5* in their Hollywood-West Hollywood zone for $189. The amenities match the WeHo Hyatt.

Hyatt's regular rate for your dates:

10/19 $255

10/20 $255

10/21 $189

Priceline will usually beat Hotwire at the WeHo Hyatt. I'll suggest starting at $95 for a 3*. Remember that if a 4* has a lower Priceline rate than the Hyatt your 3* bid could be upgraded to a 4*.

If you ONLY want the Hyatt then buying through Hotwire is the safer route. Please use this HOTWIRE link if you decide to purchase.

okay---I'm getting ready to bid---when you say "add rebid zone1" for example---I'm not clear where zone 1, zone 2, zone 3 , etc is . Is it shown somewhere on the maps on priceline? I'm just seeing there area available and that particular map that comes up. Like Downtown, Culver City, Santa Monica, etc.????

Her's how it went

new bid--BH--$95-- 4*

rebid 1--BH + Brentwood---100

rebid 2--BH + Brentwood + Culver City---105

rebid 3--BH + Brentwood + Culver City + Lawndale---110

rebid 4--BH + Brentwood + Culver City + Lawndale + Redondo--115

No Cigar! I will try again tomorrow. Will go for the 3* in West Hollywood. I wood rather be there anyway. Just saw that they are working on the hotel; that you mentioned. Please help with strategy. I was nervous and felt like a big chicken! Please include starting price since I'm dropping down a star.

You don't need to wait until tomorrow to try again if you want to lower your minimum star quality to 3 stars.

With less than a week before your stay, and prices somewhat higher than usual, i would try as follows:

You only have one re-bid zone available at the 3* level. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* West Hollywood...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

West Hollywood is not a choice. I have :

Downtown

Hollywood

LAX

Santa Monica

Am I missing something somewhere? If I go ahead and do 3* before 24 hours, I might get a hotel in any of those areas when I only want in West Hollywood. Correct? I need a start over strategy or I'm just not clear on the rebidding. Help

The name of the priceline zone is "Beverly Hills - West Hollywood" so isn't that the zone you bid when you bid above:

new bid--BH--$95-- 4*

If you re-access priceline however you did previously (ie- close the browser and start the process from scratch) nothing is selected on the page where you choose the zones, so you can start 'clean' and only select the zone(s) you want. The other zones you mention are not all re-bid zones at the 3* level. When bidding 3* you only have one re-bid zone. See Priceline Re-Bidding Explained for more info... then feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your one re-bid zone in the area.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Post a reply to this thread, listing each priceline zone in the region and the highest star rating available in each, using this technique from Priceline Re-Bidding Explained:

The way to check what star levels are available in each zone is to open a Priceline page, check ONLY the zone you are inquiring about, and then proceed to the next page (as if you were going to select a zone)... this will give you the available star ratings in that area. You can then hit BACK on your browser, uncheck the current box, check the next box, and repeat the process. It is important to do this before EACH attempt at adding a zone that you really don't want, as new hotels can be added and the star ratings can change at any time. (NOTE: for most users Priceline has updated their interface making the above process easier... simply check a zone and note the highest star rating available within each zone, UNcheck that zone and checkmark the next zone, repeating the process)

New bid=BH--3*---$105---not accepted---closed browser

$110---not accepted---closed browser

$115---not accepted---closed browser

$120---accepted!

I was amazed that I was abled to close my browser and restart that many times. Previously I had been locked out.

Check in: 10/19

Check out 10/22

Hyatt West Hollywood on Sunset

8401 Sunset Blvd

Hollywood CA

offer:$120

3 nights

subtotal: $360.00

Taxes: $62.37

Total: $422.37

Yeah!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]