Priceline Hotel: SF 10/19 - 10/20, So Expensive!

driftingwest
By driftingwest,
in

I've been desperately trying to find a nice 4* hotel for the 19th and 20th of October, but have had no luck. For some reason everything in the city this weekend seems to be epically expensive.

I've gone though USE, WSW, Fisherman's Wharf, and Cathedral Hill from 110 to 150 with nothing. The real preference is something in USE or USW, with Fisherman's Wharf as a backup.

Any ideas or suggestions on what to do?

Thanks.

If you search HOTWIRE there aren't even any 4* hotels offered for this timeframe (a sign of very tight demand)

During peak periods i recommend checking: Quikbook, EasyClickTravel, and Quikbook to see if anything is offered thru either of those services (NOTE: for EasyClickTravel make sure the status is 'available' and not 'on request')

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There's a whopping difference in availability between your two nights.

Sat Oct 20 HOTWIRE has NO inventory in 6 of 8 SF downtown zones. Only a 2* USW for $203 and 3* Civic Center South for $216. That is terrible availability.

But Fri Oct 19 Hotwire has FOURTEEN city options, in multiple zones, with better prices.

So you might be able to win a 4* for less than $150 on Priceline for Fri alone, but probably not Sat.

If you don't want to split...the airport is probably available both nights for much less than you've bid. 2.5* in Berkeley/Emeryville in East Bay is another option.

Does anyone have other suggestions?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]