Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Seattle (Downtown) Springhill Suites

WillTravel
By WillTravel,
in

:)

I try to book this Bumbershoot/Labor Day long weekend that we take every year far in advance. This was the first day I could bid for these dates.

With a bid of $57, I got a counteroffer to add $17 more. $65 was refused. $67 was accepted. I really doubt there would have been much advantage to waiting, as these are really in-demand dates.

We really like this hotel. It's a bit further from the Bumbershoot site than my daughter prefers, but there are lots of advantages to this place too - free breakfast, free shuttle (although it does tend to fill up quickly), pool, gym, friendly staff, kitchenette.

Incidentally, what looks like the La Quinta Inn and Suites was on Hotwire for $75/night - and the golf icon was back. This would have been closer to the Bumbershoot site. On the other hand, I think Springhill Suites is a nicer hotel.

I accessed Priceline through SavingsBarn.com .

Congratulations your win!

Glad to hear you were able to secure this high-demand dates this far in advance and that you like the hotel.

Thanks for sharing your win with the board and for using the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com to begin your bidding.

Enjoy the festival (although i'm sure we'll see you around the board before then)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

I forgot to post that for three of these nights, the hotel's rate is $199 for the cheapest suite, and for one of the nights, this rate is $239. This is on the Marriott site.

So - I got this room at an average rate of less than 1/3 the website rate. That's an excellent deal by any standards, but particularly considering that it sometimes seems that it is harder to find good deals on Priceline nowadays.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]