Priceline Hotel: What can I expect? USW/USE 10/26-10/28

dchao26
By dchao26,
in

Hi,

I'm a relatively new user and I've read through the bidding procedures. Just wondering how much I should expect to pay for a 4* or boutique hotel in USW (preferably) or USE for the dates 10/26 - 10/28. I searched the boards and calendar and couldn't find anyone who had successfully won a bid for those dates. Plus I remember being able to win a bid of $80 for the SF Hilton in USW in the Spring. How come prices seem much higher this time of the year?

My max budget is about $300 for those 2 nights. Any tips/comments/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your response!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Rates are date specific and it all boils down to supply vs. demand. It could be as simple as seasonablit factors, a conference or convention in town on your dates, or it could be "wedding season" and the hotels are filled with wedding receptions and their out of town guests.

Have you tried bidding yet? If so, which zone(s) did you include and how high did you bid (for each a 4* and for a Boutique)?

Are you willing to bid up to your maximum at this point in time?

Let us know and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the quick response. I did try bidding earlier this morning and bid from $80 up to $100, using my 3 free re-bids after adding USW and USE. Is there a way to find out about how much I will need to bid in the end to win?

Also, I made an error when I said my budget was $300 for 2 nights; it's actually $200. In light of that, I may end up just staying one night at the hotel and one night at a friend's place that's farther out if it's not financially feasible. Still, I would like to know if there's a way to find out how much I should expect to bid in order to win a stay at a 4* or boutique.

Thanks in advance for your opinion!

No, priceline isn't going to tell you how much you need to win... that defeats the purpose/concept of 'bidding' for your hotel room, and more resembles the HOTWIRE business model where they will tell you the price (but not the name of the hotel)... have you tried a HOTWIRE search for your date(s)?

Is staying in a different zone an option? (Fishermans Wharf, Airport, etc)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your efforts to assist me. I tried bidding the past couple of nights, and my most recent bid of $180 was rejected for for 4*/Boutique in the USW area!!! I'm only bidding for one night (10/27) now too seeing that it will be financially impossible for me to get 2 nights. Any tips on how I can just get one night for under $200 or is the availability just that limited? I am in town for a conference that weekend.

Thanks Colfax/Thereuare for the tips/advice given thus far.

There are some reports that a Boutique bid won't be upgraded to a 4* hotel (if available) yet a few other reports that contradict this. Are you bidding first for a 4* hotel and then for Boutique or only bidding at the Boutique level?

How about the Stanford Court for $186/nite :)

(or for a little more the Hilton Financial for $213/nite)

Both of these seem to fit your criteria above.

Thereuare,

Thanks for the suggestions. Stanford Court sounds intriguing although it's a bit farther from the BART lines than I would like. If I were to book with them, how can I do it such that you guys will receive credit? Also, do you know what 3* hotels are available in the USW/USE area?

Alternatively, do you know if there's a way to get a good deal on hotels in the North Beach area? I don't believe they are in any of. the areas covered by Priceline, but I may be mistaken.

Thanks again for all of your help!

How about the Stanford Court for $186/nite :)

(or for a little more the Hilton Financial for $213/nite)

...how can I do it such that you guys will receive credit?
We'll get credit if you use either of the links above <thanks for asking!! :) >
Also, do you know what 3* hotels are available in the USW/USE area?
You can see what has previously been reported in each the board's Priceline Hotel List and Hotwire Hotel List.
..do you know if there's a way to get a good deal on hotels in the North Beach area?
I don't know of anything offhand, but some of the better websites to check are EasyClickTravel, GTA Hotels, and Quikbook.

Thereuare,

Thanks again for the tips. I decided to go for the Stanford Court hotel that you listed and used the link that you provided. I am just awaiting confirmation that my reservation request is approved. Thanks again for all of your timely assistance! Once I receive confirmation, is there a place you would like me to list my reservation?

Again, thank you for all of your help.

David

It's unfortunate that it's now "On Request" as it was "Available" when first recommended a few days ago. (which is why we always recommend booking it when available, as it can always be cancelled down the road... now your stay is still 'up in the air')

Let us know how it ultimately goes.

What about trying for a 3* in USW on Priceline? You said Boutiques were acceptable and all the reported 3* hotels in USW would qualify as Boutiques as well.

Or what about trying for a 4* or 3* in Fisherman's Wharf, since you've indicated that North Beach, near FW, is an acceptable area too.

4* San Francisco (USE) Westin St Francis

$105 ... 10/28/07-10/31/07

this above was my score and it did not come easy.....i was bidding for a month

don't give in to the presure to over pay or drop to 3 star ....hang in there bro

bid every day .....

and if I were you I would include USW this area is very close to USW same stuff! IMO

do you know about free rebod zones and other key strategies?

Thanks for the support/suggestions. I guess before bidding again for a different hotel, do you know what the policy is for opting out of the Stanford Court hotel? My understanding (which is certainly not 100%) is that I would be charged for one night's stay if I canceled a reservation at least 48 hours in advance, which in effect would mean that I'm paying for my room. Granted I haven't been notified about the status of my request, so would it be possible to cancel my reservation request and then bid for a 3* in the USE/USW area or a 3*/4* in the Fisherman's Wharf area?

Thanks in advance for the response. I am impressed by the timeliness of the helpful responses on this board and certainly want to support the board with whatever hotel I wind up booking. Thanks.

The cancellation policy is poorly written, but for this property if you cancel at least two days before your stay there will be no penalty. Inside of two days there is a one nite charge (as well as a one nite charge for a 'no show')... however i would call them first and ask them for the status of your reservation to see if they have been able to fufill it or not.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]