Priceline Hotel: 4* Vancouver - Delta Vancouver Suites

Phaelon56
By Phaelon56,
in

Last minute bid. Hotwire shows prices ranging from $59 for 3 1/2 * to $108 FOR 4 1/2 * for this date. Hotels.com is at $86 - $135 for 4* to 5* and Travelocity shows $86 - $160. Direct book at Hyatt regency available through Sidestep/Orbitz at $96.

Two free rebids available. TOBB shows at least one really low winning bid for a mid-March date a couple weeks out so starting low .

Bid 1 - $30 rejected

Rebid 1 - $40 rejected

Rebid 2 - $50 accepted!

Good price for this property I think and it gets decent reviews. Suspect that $45 might have garnered somethign but can't take that chance. If second rebid failed I was going to go for $59 HW room which would net out to same as a $50 PL (no $5.95 service charge on HW if I recall correctly).

Your Offer Price: $50.00 (US dollars)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $50.00 (US dollars)

Processing Fee ($5.95 per room): $5.95 (US dollars)

Local Taxes and Fees: $4.36 (US dollars)

Total Charges: $60.31 (US dollars)

Given the circumstances it looks like you did great and you researched it well, but more importantly, how's the coffee there?

Perhaps you or somebody else that knows the area could assist with this (as i know nothing about the geography there, except i remember the beautiful mountains the one time i was there). There is a "Delta" section of Vancouver, but there also appears to be a Delta hotel chain throughout Canada. I categorized this hotel in "Vancouver", but just want to make sure i got it right.

Thanks, and have a safe trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I should have clarified - this is actually a great downtown Vancouver location. A review I found of the property indicates high quality of room and nice layout. Advises that there are a few homeless folks wandering in the neighborhood but that it's a safe enough spot. If I can deal with the abyundance of homeless in Chicago, SF and NYC I'm sure I'll be fine with Vancouver. There's also a parking lot across from hotel, eliminating need to use the pricier valet parking.

Coffee? Vancouver is actually home to Mark Prince, also known as the "CoffeeKid" and the "Head CoffeeGeek" (he founded and still operates www.coffeegeek.com). He has advised me of some great spots to check out and may even join us for dinner or an espresso bar "crawl" (more like a flight when you're quaffing multiple espressos rather than pints or mixed drinks!).

Interesting side note: we'd already planned a stay in Seattle through the weekend on a PL bid that included Saturday night. We intend to leave our stuff at the Vintage Park in Seattle and just take a small shared overnight bag to Vancouver - at the $60 per night I paid for Seattle it's worth paying for a night that I'm not there to avoid changing hotels, as our plans for Vancouver were always tenuous and involved one night at most. PL warned me before bidding that I had already made and won a separate PL bid for the same date and gave me a link to the other bid so I could review it. I thought that was nice.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]