GA Atlanta Stone Mountain Evergreen Resort

bargainbill
By bargainbill,
in

Stone Mountain Evergreen Resort is a great hotel. Indoor and outdoor pools. Fabulous views of the lake and Stone Mountain. Here's the website: http://www.evergreenresort.com/

We got it on Priceline for $48 plus tax/fees, 4/3/04. Very clean, modern, facilities. Nice sheets, comforters, Jamison mattress etc. Should be rated higher than 3* in my opinion. Be sure to take the free shuttle to the Laser Show when it is in season. Stone Mtn has a great new ride called Ride the Ducks, it's a bus that turns into a boat, ridetheducks.com. It's alot of fun, $9 for adults.

This hotel seems to be the only 3 star in this zone. Take advantage of this great place before another hotel pops up.

• 1 year later...

We stayed at the Evergreen on 3/3/06 on our way back to Indiana from Florida. I would say that overall it is the best hotel I've ever stayed in.

We stayed in a 5th floor double with a parking lot view. There is a lot of landscaping and the hotel is located within a park, so you don't feel like you're looking over some grimy industrial lot. Every room has a small balcony with a couple of plastic patio chairs and a small plastic table. The heavy curtains did a great job of blocking out the light as we slept in on the last day of our vacation.

The beds were very comfortable. The linens were nice with soft, heavy sheets and a fluffy down comforter. Bathroom had Neutrogena toiletries. Tub was not bad, shower liner was better than most. Tub, toilet, and vanity were all in one room. Vanity was granite with a large mirror and was well lit. The decor had a comfortable outdoors-y feel to it, in keeping with the overall feel of the park.

Room service was on time and very reasonably priced. We had a large club sandwich w/ coleslaw and fries, a pulled pork sandwich w/ fries, red velvet cake, a Bud Light and iced tea for $37 including tax & tip. Granted, that's way more than I would ever spend in a "normal" place, but it's the best value I've seen for room service.

On the down side, you have to pay for internet access, and it's not wireless. We were charged $9.95. They do provide the cables, which is nice. You also have to pay for park admission, which was $8 per car I think.

The hotel/conference center in general is quite beautiful. There is a Starbucks in the lobby and a buffet-only restaurant that overlooks the lake ($25/person for the Friday seafood buffet). The outdoor pool and hottub are both good-sized, and there is plenty of lounging area around them. The indoor pool and hottub are more moderately sized but quite functional. The fitness center is well stocked with equipment (not the 4 half-dead machines you normally find). There are 2 18-hole golf courses right down the road, one of which has a restaurant. The conference facilities are HUGE - we actually got lost when we went exploring.

The park is gorgeous! We only did a drive-through on our way in and out, but we definitely plan to make the 8-hour trip back in the near future for a long weekend. It is very clean and well-maintained, and appears to have a ton of stuff to do. The laser light shows start up again on March 18 I think.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Atlanta area that has a couple minutes to drive off the beaten path.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]