Priceline Hotel: 4* San Franciso USE OR USW

GAME
By GAME,
in

Hi

I want to book a 4 star hotel for san franciso for 5 nights

12th November 07 to 17th November 07

Area I want to stay in is USE OR USW

I have 4 rebid zones I think CH,CCA and SSF and possibly Fw (not sure) please can you check this

My Max bid is $120

Please could I have a bidding strategy.

any suggestions would be great

thanks

GAME

:)

Have you checked prices for these dates... based upon current pricing i think $120 is going to be a tough win for a 4* hotel.

Fishermans Wharf is not currently a re-bid zones for 4* bidding in San Francisco. You have three re-bid zones available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* USE...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* USW...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* USE and USW...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120.

Good Luck with the above and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am willing to go on a backup of a 3 " if need be

Do you mean try bidding for a 3* hotel or reserve a cancellable back-up at a 3* property?

Is your current maximum bid still $120?

I haven't looked if it would help, but is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You can re-try as follows, although prices seem a bit out of your reach.

Select 4* USE...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* USW...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* USE and USW...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...

HOTWIRE has limited availability for your dates and prices are high.

4* Embarcadero $372

3.5* Union Square West $242

3* Nob Hill $244

3* Civic Center South $229

I think it's possible you can still win a 4* under $150 on Priceline closer to your trip, which is still six weeks off. If you've got the patience you might try bidding to $150 every 3 or 4 days now.

If you're eager to secure something under $150 sooner you can improve your chances of success by splitting your five night stay in two or trying for a 3* or Boutique.

If you decide to hold out for the 4* we'll look for some other potential backup hotels.

I'm seeing 4* hotels over $350 for your dates and some over $400. If you got a Priceline bid of $175 accepted that would still be half off prevailing rates. Is $150 your true limit before you drop down to Boutique or 3*?

Looking at backups under $200, they're all Priceline 2*, 2.5*, or 3* at most.

The Grosverner Suites are one to consider. They're a Priceline 2.5* with good location and they're $163 ($183 minus a $20/night rebate) cancellable to 48 hours before your stay. You can read the reviews at TripAdvisor and see if it's for you. Maybe others have some other suggestions.

I'll mention too that availability for your Thursday and Friday is much better than Monday thru Wednesday. You still have a lot of time before you need to split your bid but keep it in mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Forget about it, but good luck! Oracle Open World is November 11th - November 15th. Huge convention. Stay away from downtown area if you expect any luck. Hotels totally sell out this week, especially anywhere near downtown and go for $300+ dollars/night. Maybe you can et the tail end days via price line, but I doubt you'll get the middle days.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]