Hotwire Hotel: State College 10/26-10/28 hotel question

OSUBUCKEYES
By OSUBUCKEYES,
in

Hi!...I am going to watch the Buckeyes beat Penn State on Oct. 27th in State College on their way to another undefeated Big 10 season. I am having trouble finding any hotels in State College with space available. I have never been there and heard its really a hell hole, however they must have hotels. Any information would be helpful. Thanks and go Bucks!!

If you can find a vacancy, expect to pay at least $500 for both nights. Beaver Stadium has been expanded several times and now holds over 100,000...come early and you might get a lesson on how to tailgate, PSU fans wrote the book.

Start calling hotels and get your name on a waiting list in case there are any cancellations closer to the game. You might also want to make a cancellable reservation in Clearfield, about 60 miles away.

PSU fans wrote the book on how to tailgate? Maybe their tradition began so that they didnt remember their embarassing losses to the buckeyes! Plus if I came early I dont think they would like me too much. I seem to get on the bad side of opposing teams fans rather easily. Its more or less finding a hotel rather than paying for one. I am certain it will be pricey, however more of a concern seems to be the lack of any available properties. Columbus may be crowded on home Saturdays but at least hotel rooms can be had. I acually only paid $70 per night for a hotel on High and Nationwide Blvd this past Saturday for the Buckeyes YSU game. State College seems to be more like South Bend where hotel rooms cant be had. I guess I will keep looking, the problem is State Colleges close proximity to nothing! Oh well! On another note da hammer and thereuare you both seem to be intelligent people. Its not too late to switch allegiance and begin rooting for the Buckeyes. Their football and basketball programs reign supreme. I hope to see you in Columbus, State College, and Ann Arbor wearing your scarlet and gray.

for the record, PSU has 11 wins and 11 losses vs. OSU....I'd say that's a tie.

Columbus is the capitol of Ohio, right? There should be a few more hotel rooms there than in a college town like State College, PA.

I hope you find something in Happy Valley because you'll find out that its actually a great college town....even the sky is BLUE :) A few years ago I used Marriott Reward Points for a room over a football weekend, I got a Stay Anytime certificate which was a 50% premimum, only 37,500 points vs. a $500 plus tax hotel bill.

How many are in your party? If its 4 or more, you should think about renting a motor home, check out Cruise America. Even if you have to pick it up somewhere along your route, it will be a unforgettable experience. You might even hook up with some like minded buckeyes and stand around congratulating each other on the success of the OSU dynasty :)

• 3 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]