CA Orange County Holiday Inn Anaheim Disneyland

Yellow Hammer
By Yellow Hammer,
in

just wanted to add some comments about the stay, since there doesn't seem to be a review of this place.

Newer hotel, only 6 years old, yet signs of wear and tear are evident. Negatives: Rooms are smaller than average, the air conditioner sounded like a helicopter, and it costed me 3 dollars to use a computer to print out a boarding pass. The first room that I stayed in, the carpeting was still wet and one of the lamps was not working, so when the maintenance guy came in and tried to take off the lightbulb, the light bulb shattered all over the floor. Needless to say we got another room. Also, costs $3 to board the bus to go to Disneyland. Front desk would not keep my laptop for safekeeping. Positives: parking was free, internet service was free, got a room with a Disneyland view. For $50 or so a night, I guess it was ok.

• 1 month later...

This property is definitely not a 3* - maybe 2 - 2.5*. Kids running around lobby & halls, naked kids in pool, smoky smells, dirty bathroom. I left after 20 minutes. Fighting Priceline & the hotel for a refund.

Priceline usually has very strict, conservative standards. I am shocked & very disappointed.

• 2 years later...

$35 a night; and since i was going solo and my main interest was to see a hockey game......for me it was tolerable. Front desk was nice; allowed me to check in early (the shuttle dropped me off shortly after 2 and i wanted to check in early so i can be gone in plenty of time to watch the ducks play)

although I requested anon smoking room; i was put in a smoking room; but it wasn't drenched in smoke so its something I'm use to living with smokers. It was weird that every morning through the vents i could smell breakfast; and it got me hungry.

Free Wi-fi was handy so i could at least use my ipod touch while away. ART shuttle definely a plus and helped me travel around with ease. Drawback is that there wasnt much within walking distance but i took the ART to get to target and bought some last minute rations to keep me sane.

Overall i would give it a 4/5 and would probably go back for the same price. (I was there for 3 nights).

"As long as you don't get your hopes up you can take anything...you feel less pain" ~ Squall (Final Fantasy VIII)

and yes; i use the PRICELINE link with every purchase.

• 1 year later...

Rated 3* by PL. Bid Disneyland-Garden Grove and won this property even though it is in the Anaheim zone. Apparently the place was renovated since the previous reviews in this thread. Fresh paint, carpet, and wallpaper. No king beds available, only double beds, finally I was given a Kid Friendly room which is a room with one queen bed, partitioned in half with bunk beds and a separate TV and play area on the other side of the partition. The thermostat is in one of the bunk beds, so you will be at the mercy of your rugrats. Stall shower. Refrigerator, coffeemaker, free parking, free internet. Restaurant, lounge, room service, pool, jacuzzi, exercise room, Disneyland shuttle. Hard to find, use GPS. 1 mi E of Disneyland on S side of I-5.

• 1 year later...

I have the unique distinction of having died at this hotel, as well as of having lived to tell the tale.

A few hours after posting the above review of the Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, I fell ill (not the hotel's fault) and was taken to the hospital in an ambulance. (Remember, from a hotel it's 9-9-1-1 not 9-1-1). My wife later called the hotel to try and find out what hospital I was taken to. The front desk clerk who answered the phone said, "Oh, Mbstone? He died." The report of my demise was of course premature, but this was small comfort to my wife at the time.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]