Priceline Hotel: 2* Tacoma Extended StayAmerica Fife

marcygiff
By marcygiff,
in

We just found out our son is going to be coming back to Fort Lewis from Iraq (YEAAA!!!) and need help with hotel bidding in the Tacoma/Lakewood area. I'm not sure I want to stay as far away from the base as Seattle but am not completely opposed to it if absolutely necessary.

I'd like to get a 3* hotel for less than $60/night total. Is that even realistic? Can anyone help with the bidding process. When we went out to see him off, we got the Shiloh Inn in South Tacoma for $50/night. It was a decent hotel but I'd like to take it up a notch if possible.

Congratulations on your good news!

Please follow-up the results of your previous PRICELINE BIDDING thread with the details of your Shiloh Inn stay (dates, star rating, price paid, if you booked thru priceline, HOTWIRE, direct, etc).

Them bump this thread and let us know which zone(s) you're willing to accept for this upcoming stay... we'll then suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Previous Dates at Shiloh Inn (2*) 3/21-3/27, $53/night thru Priceline.

We would prefer to stay somewhere between the Airport and Fort Lewis which would be Tacoma (1st choice) and Auburn/Federal Way. We can go as far as Renton/Kent or the Seattle Airport area if absolutely necessary but would prefer not to.

If you win a 3* in Tacoma zone it will almost certainly be the Sheraton downtown and they charge $12 per night to park. I'm not criticizing the place; just letting you know, if that makes a difference.

Priceline has 2.5* in Tacoma as well---probably the Courtyard and/or Red Lion. Parking is free at Red Lion and $14/night at Courtyard.

If you want nicer than the Shiloh Inn but no parking charges consider 2.5* in Federal Way-Auburn. Courtyard and La Quinta Suites are two possibilities there.

There are no 3* hotels in the Auburn/Federal Way which leaves you only Tacoma to bid on (based upon your zone preferences).

At the 3* level you have three re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* Tacoma...

Bid $35, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]