Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Detroit Northwest (Livonia) Amerisuites

nick5
By nick5,
in

I have used priceline for long time now,, but tonight I had something happened that was weird or my brain has finally exploded from over use.

I bid 38.00 on a 2.5 star in Livonia. Priceline rejected. So I was going to add Plymonth as a re-bid as they do not show any 2.5 stars. I check marked the box for Plymonth, upped my bid to 43.00 BUT and here is the BIG but.....

At the top of the confimation page, right before you send your asking bid in, it said

2 star

Livonia

Plymonth

The way I see this, I did not check off 2 star, I only changed my bid by adding an area, yet it appears I could have ended up with a two star in Livonia or Plymouth if I had continued.

I'm I way off base? Did I get this right? I don't ever recall, the star dropping down unless I included by adding it to my rebidding. The 2.5 star and 3. star were already checked off in my re-bidding window grayed out then I was adding plymouth.

So,, enough rambling,, as you can tell, I'm very confused, anyone understand what could have happened? was there a change in Priceline? or was it always this way, and I'm a few marbles short tonight?

thanks ever so much,

cheryl

If you clicked "BACK" on your browser did you confirm that the 2* button is not selected?

If you have a problem, close the browser as if you were starting from scratch, re-access priceline however you did previously, and start fresh, selecting 2.5* (only) and Plymouth and Livonia... does it now show 2.5* or 2* on the confirmation screen?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Opps,, I had replied the very next day but I must only clicked the preview and not the post as the follow up post I wrote was not here. :)

I did as you suggested and opened whole new window instead of hitting the 'back' button. So as a recap, they counter offered for another 11.00 on my bid. I rejected and did a new bidding adding a rebid zone, upping my bid to 43.00. It was accepted and we stayed at Amerisuites 2.5* in Livonia. This Amerisuites is turning into a Hyatt Place and they gave us one of the remodeled rooms on request. In addition, they accepted my Gold Card, and said I would have a late check out of 2:00 if needed. I believe there was also the perk of free local calls, but since we use cell, it never was needed.

Staff was wonderful, great complimentary breakfast. Fantasic Priceline WIN!!

Cheryl

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]