Priceline Hotel: 3* Raleigh-Durham (Durham) Millenium Durham

BHL
By BHL,
in

I'm looking for bidding assistance for a 2.5* or better, with a max bid of about $45 or so (?).

Current internet rates:

3* Durham Hilton (near Duke University) $119

3* Marriott Civic Center $149

3* Millennium Hotel Durham $139

2.5* Courtyard Durham near Duke University-Downtown $89

You have one re-bid zone available at the 2.5* level. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 2.5* Durham...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $45.

Any qustions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

$45 not accepted. BTW, after I had bid $40, I got:

Try Again Right Now

We searched hundreds of options to find your hotel room, however we can't accept your offer of $40 per room, per night. Your credit card has not been charged for Request Number xxx-xxx-xxx-xx. If you are willing to raise your price by $12, you can try the same request again right now.

Normally you are required to change additional items (add zones, star level, or dates) in order to try your request again. However we are able to extend this one-time opportunity to you because of the zone, quality level and dates you requested.

If you do not want to increase your price and would prefer to modify the other details of your request (zones, star level, dates) and try again, click here.

Also, I chose to edit details instead, added a zone, and bid $45. On the next screen, I got a msg Enter the last four digits of your MasterCard card to verify your identity., instead of the normal 'enter your initials'. Just curious why.

Would a 2.5* likely be $52 as it suggested? How much do you think a 3* would be?

Would a 2.5* likely be $52 as it suggested?
A 2.5* would be between $46 and $52.
Also, I chose to edit details instead, added a zone, and bid $45. On the next screen, I got a msg Enter the last four digits of your MasterCard card to verify your identity., instead of the normal 'enter your initials'. Just curious why.
When you bid again from the same screen, this is done for security purposes. Let's say you were on a public computer and walked about without closing the browser... somebody else could come along, 'guess' your initials (or use the BACK button on your browser to reveal your name), and then place a bid.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]