Sun, Sep 9, 2007 / After 03:00 PM

Check-Out Date:

Mon, Sep 10, 2007 / 12:00 PM

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $75.00

Subtotal: $75.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $18.27

Total Charges*: $93.27

*Prices are in US dollars.

I was shooting for the Hilton on Fisherman's wharf, didn't want an "airport" 4*, and specifically avoided the SFO zone, so I was a bit disappointed when I "won" this at $75, especially since I was not expecting to "win" an airport hotel in the 'San Mateo' zone. Also, I see that this hotel was going for $65 a year ago this same time and even down around $40 before that. We'll see how it goes.

I accessed Priceline via the link at savingsbarn.com. Please do the same prior to bidding when using Priceline.

Fishermans Warf? San Mateo? Where did you ideally want to be and what zones were you bidding in?

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

While this hotel may have been won for less previously, we really don't know if those were high or low demand dates. Looking at your stay above, rates are $219/nite so i think a win at $75 is an excellent deal (although may not be what you expected given the zone you were bidding). This property also recently underwent a $10 Million Dollar renovation... so hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised. Feel free to give us a Hotel Review upon your return.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I was shooting for the Hilton on Fisherman's wharf, didn't want an "airport" 4*, and specifically avoided the SFO zone, so I was a bit disappointed when I "won" this at $75, especially since I was not expecting to "win" an airport hotel in the 'San Mateo' zone. Also, I see that this hotel was going for $65 a year ago this same time and even down around $40 before that. We'll see how it goes.

Since your target was the 3* Hilton in the Fisherman's Wharf zone, did you add San Mateo because you were thinking it was a "safe" zone to add? Since San Mateo offers both 3 and 4 star hotels, it wasn't a free rebid zone for 3 star bidding in Fisherman's Wharf. As to your comment about past Priceline rates at the San Mateo Marriott, if your $75 bid was your first bid that included the San Mateo zone, then's it's possible the Marriott could have been "won" at a lesser amount.

Lastly, I've had decent luck w/Priceline when accidentally bidding the wrong zone. Often times they will allow you to rebid again. I can't guarantee, but you've got nothing to lose by calling Priceline and trying to rebid, this time taking caution not to include zones that don't qualify as free rebid zones. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the confusion, folks. I was shooting for "4* San Francisco (USW) Hilton, $75" but apparently misread another user's post which stated they added a re-bid in Fisherman's Wharf and then won this hotel (which is obviously USW, not FW). Bottom line is that I wanted a 4* downtown hotel around this price.

I'm glad to hear of the $10MM renovation, thereuare, so I'll update when I get back.

• 4 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]