Priceline Hotel: 3* Orange County (Costa Mesa-Irvine) Hilton Costa Mesa

BigRich
By BigRich,
in

Hi All,

I am looking for the best place to stay when visiting Disneyland. I will be on my honeymoon and interested in saving a few bucks but being able to possibly stay in the best hotels.

I will be staying in Anaheim for 2 nights and traveling througout SoCal for the remainder (posted in sepearate threads). Check in Oct/4 Check out Oct/6.

Things I am willing to consider is proximity to Disneyland, comfort of the beds in the hotel, minimum 3* but I do prefer 4*. The cost of the parking is a concern as well.

Any advice or aid in a bidding strategy would be great. My maximum budget would be in the neighbourhood of $100 a night, with $65-70 being ideal.

If it were to be a 3* ($55-$60 max)

Thanks in advance,

Big Rich

Few things:

Things I am willing to consider is proximity to Disneyland, comfort of the beds in the hotel, minimum 3* but I do prefer 4*. The cost of the parking is a concern as well.
You're buying an opaque hotel... therefore, most of the above can't be determined before your purchase. As we don't know the hotel you'll ultimately receive, nobody can say how much parking will be, how comfortable the beds will be (as well, this is highly subjective), nor the proximity to Disneyland (you need to be able to accept a hotel anywhere within the shaded region of the zone(s) you select)

If all of the above are important to you, HOTWIRE may be a better option... still no guarantees, but you could then take an educated guess as to the property you will receive and be able to read up on the beds, parking charges, location, etc.

Let us know your thoughts.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi all,

Is it possible in the Hotwire hotel list to have the Doubletree - Disneyland South Pool,Fitness,Business,Restaurant 3*. Currently I only see the exact description on Hotwire for sale listed as Disneyland North.

I also cannot find any of the currently FOR SALE hotels on Hotwire in Disneyland North that match anything to the Hotel List on this forum.

I am willing to spend max $65/night for 3* in Disenyland North/South for 2 nights Oct/4 & Oct/5.

thanks in advance,

Richard

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread, if you ultmately use HOTWIRE we'll move the entire thread to that section of the board.

There are many hotels that offer a Restaurant, a Pool, a Fitness Center and a Business Center, so some hotels can have the same amenities as others. The Doubletree is still in HOTWIRE's SOUTH zone, so the property you're seeing above is a different one (and not yet identified).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 5 weeks later...

I used the SavingsBarn link and bid sucessfully for $65 for Hilton Costa Mesa.

I started with Newport + Costa Mesa for $50, rejected

added Anaheim Hills, $53, rejected

added Buena Park, $56, rejected

added Disneyland, $59, rejected

added Fullerton, $62, rejected

added Laguna Beach, $65.... accepted.

I am very very happy about this win.

2 nights... checkin Oct/3 and checkout Oct/5

(Also added a 5 day 18 hour car rental from Avis from San Diego pickup/dropoff - Convertible bid $28 got countered $34 - I took it)

The 72 hours wait time to rebid scared me a little!

Congratualtions on your win!

Glad to hear you're happy with the results and the deal you received.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and for using the SavingsBarn.com PRICELINE links to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay and have a great Honeymoon :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]