NYC alternative to hotel - studios UWS $150/n

lml
By lml,
in

I have been looking on Hotwire and other engines for a hotel on the west side of Manhattan, from Times Square and up, for May 11-16. The prices seemed on the high side. While on Expedia, I noticed YourStay, which has studio, 1 BR and 2 BR recently renovated apartments, on W. 73rd, right off Broadway, which is one block from the Broadway line subway. Their website, YourStay.com, has rates that are much lower than Expedia's. When I called them, I was able to reserve a studio for $150/night, including taxes. It sleeps 4, with queen bed and sofabed. Has a kitchen area as well. Haven't been there yet, so it could be a dud, but the pictures look acceptable, and the commute to midtown is very fast from there.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

My apologies for not replying to the last post. The Yourstay Central Park apartment, on W 73rd off Broadway was actually very pleasant: decent size room, new furnishings, well maintained except for a little dust on the windowsills (but this is NYC). It was not exactly as described, ie no sofabed, so you couldn't sleep three people there if you needed to. Also, no maid service unless you're there over 6 days. They also tack on a charge for using credit cards, I think it's 2 %, which you only find out if you click on a very very tiny "terms and conditions" link at the bottom of the page.

In summary, I think the company may be a bit slippery, but the place was fine, and I'm planning to stay there again in October. Unfortunately, the price on the website has gone up to $175, including tax.

i ended up staying there after some of my other choices were booked out and yeah i thought it was fine too. i thought it was a good location, and the place had everything i needed. i stayed in a studio and it was perfect for one person, i did orginally book directly with the company and noticed the obsurd credit card charge, my plans changed so ended up i cancelling my booking for a full refund and re-booked the same place through www.hotelclub.net (their prices were the same as booking directly with yourstay, they included the tax but didn't seem to have a credit card charge)

...not sure about the maid service, i was there for like 17 nights and got no maid service at all (not that i asked for it nor did i really need it)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]